Defender 90 First Edition - good deal?

JLR experts! Automotive wizards!

I’ve got a new defender 90 first edition down to 2500 under the ~67k sticker. Not a demo, no miles. I was hoping to snag a V8 but that has become seemingly impossible. How is this stacking up to other deals you’ve seen or know are available??

Seems like a fun winter car. Please speak up and thanks as always for your help!

To buy or lease?

What year 2020 or 2021?

V8s are basically impossible yes. $30K over territory and no more coming until 2023

For a 90 first edition $2500 under wouldn’t excite me and I wouldn’t buy one.

I’d lease a 2022 110 or 110S at sticker beforehand.

The defender that I’d buy at Msrp is the trophy edition or a V8 for over Msrp.

2 Likes

There is a HUGE variance in residual values across the defender line. I’d take a long look at the lease programs before deciding on a trim level.

2 Likes

Right

A first edition is not a 2022 so leasing it probably results in a repulsive RV

1 Like

Ugh, the numbers on a 21 are going to be ghastly.

But, yes, very fun winter truck.

1 Like

Any lease incentives over buying?

It’s a 2021, and the wife loves the shape over 110.

We need something pretty soon or I need to order snow shoes for the 997 turbo.

No incentives at all. They are selling faster than they can build them (although 90s are on lots a tad bit longer than 110s.)

1 Like

Or, to ask another way- any brokers out there that can get me a better deal for any 90 with the V6?

LR dealers are being dinged for selling out of region right now so your best bet is to stay close.

I wouldn’t consider leasing a 2021 Defender. Only a 22 110

2 Likes

In the Midwest, and we don’t get crap for LR dealers. The other one a similar 2 hours away has zero new vehicles to sell.

If it’s the car you need to have then $2500 off is fair.

Value prop wise leasing a 2022 110 is your best bet but if your wife doesn’t want it, then value doesn’t matter :dark_sunglasses:

Appreciate the help as always. I offered 3750 under and told them to call me. They’ve had it for over 100 days.

1 Like

Used leases rarely make sense :frowning:

When they do, they barely do.

It’s not used

I was replying to mike discussing used residuals from chase, which rarely make sense and when they do make some sense, it isn’t always the most compelling.

This isn’t the worst I’ve ever seen.

Gotcha, sorry!

Yeh it’s gotta go

The 90s are sweet

My 110 just got loaded in England today.

Let’s goooo Morning Lena!

Can’t wait to see @mattevan ‘s new rig posted as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful! Didn’t you have a trx on order too?

1 Like

Yessir!

Defender for the Mrs

Do you still have the RS6??

RS6, Preproduction GT350 (track toy), 997 manual Turbo. Nothing to put the dog in!

Gotta order snow tires for the Nardog tomorrow… not cheap on those 22’s! Weird not having a single lease, but just can’t find one that makes sense these days.

1 Like