Deep scratches on car

Ok I’m not even a month in and quite depressed about what I found on the car today. I must not have been paying attention because I didn’t even hear it happen.

I’m looking at this and imagining bmw isn’t going to take it back without a charge. Thoughts from you all:

1. I’ve got 35 more months left on this. Should I do anything now or wait till turn in?
  2. thoughts on what fixing this might run?
  3. should I do anything to make it look less hideous in meantime (ie chipex or dr color chip or touch up paint)?

Here I am thinking about what soap to buy etc and instead this is what happens. I can’t believe I didn’t hear it happen…blah.

Personally, I’d fix it now because I wouldn’t want to spend 3 years looking at it, even if the net cost was higher.

4 Likes

Buff it out as much as you can, then get a touch-up kit from Dr. Color Chip. Will make things look a lot less unsightly

1 Like

Would you do it yourself or take it in?

That needs paint work. I’d take it to a body shop.

That won’t damage it more and require me to spend more to fix it you think?

Those deep scratches will need a body shop to repair fully. Touching it up just makes it look less ugly, especially on a white car.

Take a look at how dr color chip works, there’s no excess paint leftover when it’s done well. I had the same issue on another car, and touching it up just let me live with it long enough until I got it fixed properly.

1 Like

Nah, you won’t make it worse doing that.

I wouldn’t bother fixing it to spec just yet.

Buff it out/Fill it in as best you can stand it.

Alright sirs. What do you all recommend to buff a car? I’ve never done this before. I’ll get the dr color chip kit too.

Has anyone used getdriveway.com or carbodylab.com?

They claim they get factory finish with lifetime warranty and it would cost less than 300. I see they have multiple locations or they farm it to multiple folks.

I haven’t used either, but there should be plenty of bumper repair guys on Yelp that can fix it for around that price. It’s amazing what they can do.

I would get the bumper cover resprayed if I were you unless these deep scratches happen frequently in your cars.

Less than $300?

Hmmm. Thats hard to believe. Butttt

If that’s the case I would jump at that deal.

Also looks like both of those companies aren’t in every state and city in the US. Very selective areas of the US.