Deciding between AMG C43 and Audi RS3 lease - numbers in post

I’m not going to try to convince you to get a Genesis, however, saying this in a thread debating an RS3 vs a G70 is kinda hilarious.

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea how the Genesis performs. Never liked the look of them, they feel kinda alien to me. Almost like they designed the car and then it melted a little when they shipped it.

I’m sure the RS3 outperforms it… my point was more than the interior aesthetics/quality on the RS3 isn’t exactly its strong point.

Not sure what that supposed to prove, TL was such piece of junk, I dumped extra $20k into it.

Well said, the 2.5T is an incredible engine and they did an amazing job with the exhaust on that car. Audi kills it with their seats though. The alcantara seats with the red diamond stitching are amazing, but at the end of the day it’s an A3 interior with a bunch of nice stitching and upgrades.

It was mainly to show that I value the interior of a car in addition to the performance. It wasn’t a horrible car, but I always hated how crappy the fake leather was on the seats. It was given to me, so I worked with what I had at the time when I was 16.

I’m taking it that it’s a ‘not interested’ in the M340i.

In that case, I’d go purchase on the RS3 before paying close to $1k effective on either car.

This thread is almost as insane to me as the Lexus ES 350 thread…

Have you sat inside a G70 3.3T Dynamic or Elite trim? I feel as if you’re basing it all on exterior looks. I don’t expect you to like it, but you’re holding interior quality really high when you drive an A3…

I’m pretty sure the 2008 TL had real leather.

You’re going to get what you’re going to get, but I feel as if you’re cross shopping two different cars out of their segments for weird reasons.

Neither the C43 nor the RS3 are going to lease anywhere near well enough for this community to support it. You’re just going to have to decide how much those cars are worth it to you.

Get the RS3 for performance. Get the C43 for interior and sound.

Either way, you’re paying way more than I think anyone should for that type of car on a lease.

3 Likes

A genesis is a Hyundai. Simple as that. Now I know a Mercedes is a Chrysler like a Audi is a Volkswagen. But these brands have taken on a society rising to simulate wealth and success. When ppl talk about wealth, they talk about owning an Audi, bmw Mercedes. More elite Porsche. Even more wealth lambo Ferrari Bentley. Notice no where in my list does it include a genesis. Sorry no one talks about Audi Mercedes and genesis on the same level in society terms of wealth. Car and driver ? Sure. Call it what it is (society bring materialistic) but me personally I’d be embarrassed to say I drive a genesis and actually brag about it. But hey it’s just my opinion and I’m not knocking the car, probably better bang for the buck.

People who measure wealth with cars are using the wrong metrics.

:bat:

9 Likes

That’s cool that you don’t want a Genesis. If it isn’t for you, it isn’t for you. That doesnt make the rs3 have an acceptable interior for a $900 a month car though.

1 Like

Same goes for the clothes you wear, the people you hang out with, the accessories you put on, the house you live in. I’m not saying any of these things are correct, but our society especially in certain regions is very materialistic. I am one who strives to be in the best I can afford, whether it be Burberry clothing or a bmw car. To some a genesis is the top, whether it be value or performance. If the rs3 leased for a genesis price it wouldn’t be so “elite” now balance that elite feeling w the price tag attached to it and you will answer whether it’s worth it to YOU

If you’re worried about image, for $900 a month you can get something that makes a much better statement than a dressed up A3.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s how you feel. Others feel different. Just like a Porsche Macan for 800 a month being the Porsche name. Of course for 800 you can get more value. But you don’t get the Porsche name. As I said you can agreee or Disagree. I think we can all agree that for an 900 payment, rs3 doesn’t offer VALUE. But it’s a rs and for 900 your paying for that bragging right. I

This philosophy may prevent one from really moving up later on. For example, We could afford to drive basically anything we want up to an exotic car. However, that would prevent us from making triple payments on our rental property and dumping cash into our savings et al. And that would crimp my ability to retire in the manner I envision in a scant 17 years.

So you could call it delayed gratification, I guess. But I’ll take my lowly Lexus for now, so that when we stop working, we have immensely more freedom.

:bat:

Couldn’t agree more with ya. But I’ll counter with you and say delay gratification too much and you could die before you get to enjoy your fruits. A balanced approach is best. I believe op rs3 will never lease well enough to be an acceptable balance of value and eliteness. So you can buy/lease different car/or just pay the 900

Others want to justify paying $900 to lease an RS3.

All I’m saying is:

If you want an RS3, that’s cool. Get it. But don’t lease it.

If you want to spend $900 on something that says “elite! I have money!”, an RS3 is not a good option.

If you want to spend $900 on something and interior design/quality is an important requirement to you, an RS3 is not a good option.

2 Likes

Audi is more closely related to Volkswagen than genesis is with Hyundai… you see it in the manufacturing of the car and the design elements (except infotainment).

Engine, power train, chassis, interior materials are all superior to Hyundai in genesis cars, but there are more than a few common parts between some Audi’s and Volkswagens.

I’m not here to make a believer out of you, just to present the whole picture to others who may be viewing.

You can find C43’s for lease swap in the $600-$800 range so I think you can find a much better deal on the C43 if you put some effort into it. I have a 2012 C63 P31 and it’s MSRP was $82K so somehow these cars are actually getting cheaper?? Is this dealer really charging a $1K doc fee??

Having previously sold Audi and having the opportunity to track various models, only get the RS 3 if you plan on doing track days or autocross events. You can get a S4/S5 with the black optic package for a lower payment and tune them pretty easily to have more horsepower than the RS 3 and faster in a straight line. Plus they will be more comfortable for everyday use. You will only see the true benefits of an RS 3 on the track and not in the real world.