Deciding between AMG C43 and Audi RS3 lease - numbers in post

Interesting cross shop, RS3 without question is the better sports car.

Where? None of the brokers advertise that

OP: Don’t laugh, but check out the G70 3.3T. I enjoy it more than my C43 before it. The C43 has a better exhaust and overall a nicer looking interior/exterior. But the G70 is much more affordable and drives significantly better while being more fun. You can get one for mid 500s if not better

2 brokers do. One in LA, one in tristate. Both require viewing their google doc spreadsheet, so the deal isn’t posted on their marketplace post.

Those are some bad deals, especially with down payments.

Have you checked with any brokers or dealers on the board and see what they can offer.

Even if you get it out of state I’m sure it will save you a pretty penny including having the car shipped.

C43 MFs were rock bottom over the summer but have since been jacked up and makes the car a terrible lease at the moment.

By comparison I leased a 2019 C43 coupe at .00088 base MF and bought down to almost nothing with 9 MSDs back in July. Now I’d be paying $100 more per month on interest alone.

2019 RS3s can be bought for 20% off MSRP with 0.99% financing but don’t lease very well as you’ve found.

Bottom line is anything with an S, RS, or AMG in its model name doesn’t lease very well. If you want these cars you’ll have to pony up the premium. But having said that, leasing still often the best way to drive these cars, depending on how long you’ll keep it.

A genesis…the op was looking for a real sports car…not a wanna be :joy:. When you look at these rs and amg cars, got to realize you’re not going for a car that leases phenomenal. Sometimes they do come down to great leases but seems the amg is not on that level right now and the rs has never been

I argue the C43 isn’t a real sports car. Great sound and good GT car, but performance wise, the G70 3.3T with the performance packages are actually quite stout.

I would spend less time looking at the badge on the car and more time looking at its actual merits and capabilities.

5 Likes

Nobody said the Genesis G70 is a “real sports car” but Car and Driver (and many other automotive experts) rank it higher than any other sports sedan in its class. Maybe you have money to throw around but I enjoy driving it more than the C43 it replaced in my driveway and I’m saving at least a couple grand every year doing it. Also, since you seem to care, in 3 years I never once got a compliment on my sweet amg but in 6 months I get compliments on my G70 regularly. In Southern California Mercedes c class, 3-series BMWs, and Audis are as common as weeds and often come with very negative stereotypes associated with their drivers

I would get a RS3 over that fake AMG any day as you’ll have more fun with the RS3.

2 Likes

Genuinely curious not trying to argue. At what price point (the C43 can be had for much cheaper than the rs3)? And by fun, what do you mean? Occasional blasts up the freeway onramp? Or do you find mountain roads to go flying around on? Again, really curious because I’ve driven some genuinely fast cars but lately I’ve just started riding a bike because I hate being stuck in traffic burning 91 octane

The RS3 is a slightly smaller vehicle than C43, generates more power, is faster, and has more performance oriented engineering included.

A better comparison is the CLA45.

There’s multiple C43s and M3s on swapalease in the 5 and 600’s

Surfer a genesis is a Hyundai. You can buy a coach bag or you can buy a Louie Vuitton. Sure both serve their purpose. Both hold stuff, but you buy a Louie Vuitton as a status symbol. It tells ppl I have money and this is how I flaunt it. Same goes for a real amg vs a genesis. The value for the genesis is there like a coach bag. But ppl w amgs say I got money and I want to flaunt it. You can disagree all you want, it’s your money.

Lol c43 a LV bag.

1 Like

Terrible analogy as the C43 is considered to be a “false AMG.” A better analogy is comparing a real coach bag to a Louis Vuitton bag you got from Canal Street in Chinatown.

Haha ok I won’t be working for hallmark anytime soon w my crappy analogies :wink:

Do you really like the RS3 that much more than an S4? I get that it’s a proper RS car vs an S car, but the S4 isn’t a slouch either.

EDIT: incorrect verbiage ‘real’ replaced by ‘proper’

Wtf is a “real RS”?

I worded that weird, as an RS, it’s a proper Quattro Gmbh (now Audi Sport) car. The S is a higher performance variant of the A car.

Sorry guys, I definitely don’t want a Genesis. The interior and exterior look of a car is important to me, even though I need a car that performs well to excite me. My first car was a 2008 Acura TL with about $20,000 worth of modifications on it. The car could perform decently well, but the interior was crap and it just didn’t handle like German cars do. I got a lease offer yesterday for a 2020 C43 with an MSRP just under $66,000. $830 per month with $3000 due at signing, 36 months and 10k miles per year. I’m still working on getting them down on that one as well as the 2019 with the $69,000 MSRP. Also considering leveraging the 2020 offer at some other dealerships for a better offer on a higher MSRP 2020. As far as the Audi goes, I love Audis and currently drive a 2016 special edition A3. One of the main reasons I’m starting to lean away from the RS3 is because a lot of the interior is so similar to my A3. Audi has been a pain in the ass as far as lease deals go on all their cars. I’m working on S5s to see what I can get, but they’re not budging much on those either. It’s a harder decision than I thought it would be lol. If I tune that RS3 it would be a monster.

1 Like