DealSmith January GENESIS - GV80 ONLY AT MSRP - 3 Available

, , , ,

So it’s this or an Explorer ST :thinking:

3 Likes

Cadillac is calling Genesis and asking for it’s grille back …

1 Like

Where Cadillac is going they don’t need grilles.

4 Likes

I only see one dealer within 500 miles marking these up, but I never underestimate a dealer’s ability to deceive. The MF is brutal.

Many of them don’t advertise the markup on their website.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’m in the market for an Explorer ST (2020s are pretty well discounted for purchase compared to what they usually are), and my wife and I comparison shopped with a Telluride and Palisade. If you completely take price out, my wife ranked them Telluride, Palisade, Explorer. I ranked them Telluride, Explorer, Palisade. I’m partial to the engine in the Explorer and preferred the bolstering in the seats.

But when you factor in pricing (the Explorer was a good $150 cheaper per month on a bad lease for all three), we both ranked the Explorer #1. The Telluride was really nice, but it was hard to stomach spending over MSRP on a Kia SUV (which is what they’re going for here in CT).

I don’t know if we had “badge bias,” and if it had a BMW badge we’d think of it differently, but it was hard to justify the price increase over the Explorer for us.

Final caveat is that we came out of an Explorer (non ST) lease a few months ago, so it’s possible we have some bias there.

1 Like

The new explorer seems pretty nice, not on this level, but it’s pretty nice.

1 Like

We really liked the ST. Especially considering purchasing a 2020 was nearly $10k off sticker with incentives last month compared to over MSRP for the Tulluride. 2021 Explorers are also lower MSRP than the 2020s - my local Ford dealer said everyone had their lunch eaten by the Korean SUVs so they had to price adjust. Not sure how true that is, but it makes sense as you almost never see a car drop in price year-to-year.

Of course, you could easily make the argument that the new 2020 Explorers were about $5k overpriced to start.

1 Like

You must be looking at different explorers than I have seen

I haven’t seen one in person, this is just judging from photos. Sounds like I need to actually see one.

Good morning. How are you? Could u tell me what color is the 3.5T prestige - interior and exterior? We are a Hyundai/Genesis family. My lease just came to an end on a 2018 Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate. I extended my lease because I was looking to lease a 2021 new G90 5.0 ultimate but over the past few weeks- leaning more towards the GV80. I am looking for 3 year lease. 15k miles/year. No money down. My current lease is 889/month and I had gotten it with same parameters as mentioned above. I have the lease Thru Global AutoMall in NJ.

1 Like

God bless that payment and that was probably with the 10-14.5k (depending on trim & term) incentive at the time, when you could stack dealer “coupons”, loyalty and uber on top of that, the only good thing was the mf was like .00005. Nothing like a high 30’s residual, I did a 19’ 3.3 RWD for $659 (incld VA tax) same terms during that coupon fest. The new G90 is far better than the 18-19 gen, if you haven’t driven one I’d recommend it, but the incentives are just not what they used to be on these Korean turtle ships. Good Luck.

It will take years before some people accept that Hyundai is making cars on par with BMW. And some more people wont care and will gladly pay the same for a stripped X% that you can get a loaded GV80. Some people only care about the badge.

So tired of this unoriginal and willfully ignorant comment against the Genesis brand. Enough already…and no, I don’t own a Genesis.

Would you call an Audi a VW? No, you wouldn’t. Unless you’re one of those “AuDis R gLoriFieD VWs” type of people…to which I’d say, you’re an absolute fool.

So, get a grip, man… These are drastically different vehicles and brands.

Genesis has endeavored upon an unprecedented and wildly successful journey these past few years. It’s been incredibly amazing to watch. Highly acclaimed and well reviewed with numerous awards received for the G70 and GV70… This brand has literally achieved something that even long-standing luxury brands like Lexus still fail miserably at…and Genesis continues to substantially raise the bar year after year at this point. And they’re being recognized for it.

Get off your high horse.

Genesis fails where Lexus excelled in breaking free of the Fancy Toyota label because of their dealerships, particularly the covenants they placed upon franchisees.

If Genesis wants to replicate that, they need to fix the sales, service and showroom experience.

OP is no longer a registered broker/dealer.