Dealership's monthly payment different than the lease calculator

I am looking to lease a M440 Gran Coupe in AZ and I asked the dealer for MSRP -3% +$500 loyalty.
They agreed with my request but the monthly payment in their version is different from what the lease calculator would return as monthly payment.

The lease calculator run with the same figures shows a monthly payment of $927 w/o tax , $1007 incl. tax. while they end up with $969 and $1053 incl. tax. The difference between the two rates is $1,500 that adds up to the already marked-up MF (0.0019 to 0.0021).

First thing that catches the eye is Net Cap Cost being the same as the Gross Cap Cost while I believe it shouldn’t. The dealer said “The Gross Cap and Net Cap is correct as it is automated in the Reynolds and Reynolds Desking software” but it seems wrong.
Also I asked for all fees to be paid upfront and I see the acquisition fee box is not ticked? Would that be (part of) the problem?

Do you think they’re doctoring the format in order to actually end up at the MSRP for this deal and offset the 3% discount? I don’t make a fuss for the actual amount but for the transparency of the calculation which to me seems incorrect.

Below is the calculator for my example. The image shows the dealership’s version
I appreciate if you could shed some light on this for me, thanks a bunch,

Can you also post your calculator? You cant co.pare monthlies without also comparing due at sale.

1 Like

Due at sale is included in this sheet. Due on delivery is what you’d need to be looking at. 1053.02+1638.79 - $500 rebate used as cash on upfronts.

I’m not sure if AZ taxes rebates or not, but I don’t think they do according to playing in the calc.

But not what das his calculator shows to get to the different monthly.

My reading comprehension is awful :sweat_smile:

I used the LeaseMatic app on my phone and got very similar numbers to what the dealer is coming up with. The monthly payment is right on the dot…but the DAS is off by like $30.

MSRP = 62,320
Selling price = $60,450.40
Capped Fees = $925

Net Capped Cost = $61,375.40
MF = 0.0021
Residual = 54%

DAS = $1,053.02 1st month payment + $1,119.76 in fees
Total = $2,172.78

Monthly payment = $1,053.02
Monthly depreciation = $770.07
Monthly finance charge = $199.56
Monthly tax = $83.39 (8.6%)

1 Like

here is the calculator’s figures
link (if it goes trough) and images

They are showing $2191 cash due at signing + $500 rebate = $2691 total drive off. They are also capitalizing the acq fee, not due at signing. That’s ~$1500 combined difference between acq. fee and allocation of the rebate.

1 Like

Your due at sale amounts are significantly different. You cant compare monthlies with differrnt due at sales.

I really appreciate your thorough input. I’ve just emailed back the dealership but I believe that is the source of this misunderstanding.
Thanks a bunch @Sarafil !!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.