Dealership wants me to sign a new and less favorable lease contract

Anyways, I sent an email to the dealership asking for clarification for the RV decrease and hence the increase in monthly payments.
I got the following response:
“You agreed to 10,000 miles per year and we used the 10,000 mile per year residual value. The problem is the computer defaults to 15,000 miles per year and I did not catch the mistake before mailing out the paperwork.”

That should make the new lease cheaper and the RV increase.

8 Likes

That was exactly my initial thought.

I smell :billed_cap:.

Or to lie or say something false.

2 Likes

Unless they initially calculated the RV for 10,000 miles manually instead of using the computer which seems unlikely.

That would also imply that the dealership only does 15k miles leases since their computer is set up that way. I have never heard or seen this before.

Did any part of your lease contract have multi-part forms with those tear-off edges (sprocket paper as it were)?

If that were the case, then the numbers would be the same in the new contract. They’d just be asking you to resign to reflect the correct mileage at no cost increase.

1 Like

No tear off edges on the contract.

The plot thickens.

If they had submitted the 15k per year with the correct RV it wouldn’t have been kicked back.

Wrong RV for the 15k submitted would see your payments lowered from the increased 10K RV.

Get clarification from them. Either that or they can have their crappy unwind back.

1 Like

Have they sent you a copy of the new lease they want you to sign?

I told them that their reasoning on the RV difference made no sense whatsoever. I have not heard from them since (this afternoon). I have 60 days dealer tags. They still need to send me the registration paperwork. If they don’t ultimately honor the numbers of the first contract, I will let them know that they can take their car back.

Yes and it is not favorable at all since the RV has changed and the monthly payments are more expensive.

I couldn’t agree more with you on that point. That is what I am going to try to achieve.

Can you post your original contract and the new one (with your personal info removed)?

1 Like

Definitely, I will scan them tomorrow and post them both.

What mystery car is this? OP is providing filtered info.

1 Like

I am so stoked to see the term “cap” on this site

Was it a US Bank lease? I believe that US Bank DOES default to 15k miles and residual gets adjusted appropriately from there. That still doesn’t make any sense since a residual adjustment would have resulted in a more favorable deal for you.

Unless they switched to a different lender for some reason.

1 Like