Dealership wants me to sign a new and less favorable lease contract

Trying to find your original deal that you posted…:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Same. Unless it was signed and shipped in the 14 hours since they joined…:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

hypothetically, the deal could have been denied by the bank for credit worthiness or something like that and they could be trying to rewrite the contract with a different bank that does a different RV/mf/etc

1 Like

Possible.

I just don’t understand why parties don’t communicate details.

If they just discuss the details one would think that the transaction would become less of a back & forth. 🤷

By hiding details, the other party always feels that someone is trying to pull a fast one on them.

1 Like

1000% agree

Tell them to get bent, or that you’ll return the car but they can come get it

1 Like

There’s no need to get snarky with the dealer…unless they start being assholes.

Be polite and professional like @ethanrs mentions. If they start pushing back, be firm but professional.

Being a dick about it isn’t the way to handle it.

5 Likes

Isn’t that what one should always be? But I digress

1 Like

But I’m sure they verified everything on edmunds for this mystery car, :mage::crystal_ball: Could be time to close this post, the no details I already signed and something is wrong stuff gets old

2 Likes

Serious question. Why would someone make this up? Maybe I have too much faith in people, but it’s not like the OP disappeared (yet). Their last post was last night after dealers close for the day, maybe they are figuring it all out. Details or some photos would be nice though!!

The issue is you always get “part” of the information that most of the time favors the OP and as the say 2 sides of a story & the truth is somewhere in the middle part.

1 Like

This happens all the time, after they get roasted on here, they go back with their tail between their legs and resign the deal. Sloppy dealer for not verifying everything, especially on an out of state deal, and shame on the OP for doing an after the fact post. There’s another on a Tacoma that just popped up

2 Likes

If the RV error was actually $1700, then it would need to be a $85k MSRP for a 12k/15k error. Those are almost universally 2% different. i’m guessing there is more to the story.

6 Likes

Not according to some of the tough guy keyboard warriors here

2 Likes

Lol working in sales has taught one thing…be nice, you might just get what you want… Be a d-bag… No way… Lol

3 Likes

It’s 12/10K or 12/7.5K error. Payment went up on the same 12K mileage.

No response from the OP for 19 hours. Seems strange. Someone bored at home? I guess fiction can also be enjoyable.

1 Like

OP can PM the TH if there is anything to add

The OP had reached his daily cap on posts by newish users and would like to respond.

Sorry but I was not able to post anymore yesterday as I had reached my daily cap as a new user.
I also made a mistake in my previous posts. The lease is for 10,000 miles/year. I already edited the posts to correct this error.
Thanks to everyone for all the helpful information provided so far.

1 Like