Dealers not budging much on year end models? Lexus

My apologies, I was not posting to brag. Leasing is actually an inexpensive way of purchasing cars for some international customers who are signed up and willing to take the mileage hit instead of buying brand new.

I simply posted to tell the OP that, yes, the deals are not the best out there. There are other scenarios where this just works for others. I realize that the wording sounds nonchalant. My apologies again.

1 Like

I didn’t think you were bragging. Research this forum so when you lease again you don’t get screwed by the dealer.

1 Like

What’s the obsession with leasing Lexus? Their products may look nice, but the driving experience is lacking. I can understand purchasing one for its reliability, but in leasing it’s not much of a factor.

There are far better cars in those segments that lease better. BMW and Volvo come to mind. Even Audi is leasing better than the Lexus.

1 Like

In reply to better research next time- Yes, will do.

In reply to “the obsession with Lexus”- It is a very good and reliable brand. Driving desires are different between folks. It is very satisfying and accomplishes it’s role quite well for those who love it. And it’s a luxury vehicle that deals well in certain climates.

In my country, this car retails for $75-$80,000 (when you convert currency). By leasing, monthly payments are much less than buying outright and help to mitigate certain uncertainties.

An outright buyout will see me purchase it for about $1000 more than I would have if I financed it (offer for finance was 0% only). But my money would be positively working elsewhere. This is one of the things that is great about the USA. Options!

TLDR: Cars in the USA are affordable compared to other markets.

I am honestly thrown off by a lot of your logic.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I’m not here to convince you to lease something else, that’s not my table.

Just here to tell you there are other luxury cars that do well in specific climates, drive well, have good features, and lease better than Lexus.

3 Likes

All of that about pricing in other countries was irrelevant.

And your idea of selling it in 4 years for $4-9,000 above RV is a pipe dream.

If you really believe it will hold its value that well you should finance it.

2 Likes

Eh, Yuck and find me an A/S5… My RC350 F Sport has been rock solid and a ‘fun’ car to drive. Infotainment mousepad/touch/haptic thing sucks buy its a lease so who cares…I’ll keep my RC @$479/month

1 Like

I’ve noticed some A5’s in the high 400’s range, but don’t have the full deal details at the moment. S5’s are harder to come by, but they’ll lease less than C43’s and higher than M340 and 440 M Sport.

Honestly, A5/S5 is a totally different experience from an RC 350. The only thing the Lexus has on its side is reliability relative to the Audis and it’s a lease so I don’t place reliability as high on the priority list.

“The only thing the Lexus has on its side is reliability relative to the Audis”

Not sure about that.

1000% percent.

Well… the Lexus definitely has more fake vents making it look significantly faster than it is. A5 exterior looks are definitely conservative and a little bland.

Lexus drives very well. This argument is overplayed and and subjective.

BMW, Audi, and certainly not Volvo are better in this segment. Have you driven a four cylinder Audi turbo lately?

Also, Audi’s don’t lease well period. At least some Lexus models still do.

I’ve driven a modern generation Lexus IS/RC. It was crampt and sterile compared to the Audi driving experience I had. Above all, the steering was uncommunicative and numb.

I don’t think the argument is overplayed at all. I maintain this opinion because of my experiences with both Audi and Lexus and from the experiences shared with others within the enthusiast community.

RC/IS cars simply aren’t held to the same expectation as the German competition in those segments. No one is arguing about Lexus/Toyota longevity, however.

I would also argue there are Audi’s that do lease well. There was a time not too long ago when SQ5’s and S4’s were going for 500-600 a month with MSDs. Those two cars are more exciting than anything Lexus has in its portfolio.

Strictly engine performance, perhaps. Everything else, no. That’s just IMO.

Just negotiated this deal. Took a few weeks shopping and going back and forth, but here it is:

Deal Fell Through! Manager tried a bait an switch. A bad experience no one should have to endure. Done with Lexus. Love the product, but the business etiquette leaves much to be desired.

Great discount for a Lexus. Hideous RV.

Heart wants what it wants. You worked hard to get a good discount so I think this is the best you’ll be able to do. Hardly see Lexus dealers going this deep on discount. (Assuming not incentives are rolled into it)

If you really really want an RC 350, pull the trigger.

1 Like

Lexus leases aren’t what they used to be just a few years ago. I did a single pay of $16,000 on 36/10 lease on 2016 GS 350 F Sport with MSRP of 59K in December 2016. Don’t think you can come even remotely close to that today!

Just turned in my GS to Lexus this month with almost 9,000 miles under allowance. Used to be able to sell leased cars for some profit in the past, couldn’t possibly sell this one now. My residual was about $33,400 and Lexus doesn’t negotiate. Carvana and CarMax offered 25-26K. Now it’s sitting as a CPO for $32.9 at my local Lexus dealer after they certified it (at least two grand?) and spent probably another two grand on tires, alignment, bumpers, etc. Which leads me to believe that the dealer must’ve bought it for somewhere in the mid to high 20s from LFS or close to what CarMax offered.

It’s remarkable how Lexus Financial played the numbers so poorly and now giving the finger to its leasing customers. May have to make the jump elsewhere!

Would you prefer to have a higher payment and have some equity at the end? In 2015 Lexus had artificially higher residuals on the GS 350 and people got great lease deals. In most cases market value was 3-4K under the residual value set by Lexus. When i returned my GS 350 my RV was around 32K and the market was around 28K. My payment was around 350 per month so I earned my equity in the form of lower payments over the life of the lease.

1 Like

Most people who lease really don’t care about equity in the end. They care about getting into a new car.