Dealers not budging much on year end models? Lexus

Hi everyone. This is my first thread although I’ve been leasing successfully for years.

I’ve been visiting many So Cal Lexus dealers eyeing a few 2019 models to lease. Being it’s year end and the 2020s are out, these dealers are not wanting to discount vehicles much. The most I’ve gotten was 7% before rebates. One dealer even marked up the residual 5% while only taking off 5% pre lease cash.

Would it be better to wait until January? I’ve been able to get much more of a discount on new models in the past. Lexus seems to have gotten a bit short.

Must not be December to remember…

Have you considered shopping outside your general area?

1 Like

Ha! That’s what I said.

I’ve been basically looking around the whole Southern California area I’m just gonna keep an eye out on a few vehicles in the next couple of months and reach back sales people if they are still on the lot and try to haggle more.

The residual is set by Lexus, and the dealer cannot change it. In any event, a higher residual would be better for you.

4 Likes

That’s what I thought but have the paperwork and numbers to prove… There’s even a line item that says “residual bump.” I guess Lexus dealerships are hurting from low residuals.

So they were offering lower lease cash in return for a higher residual?

Yup. Strange. Thought the residual could not be altered. One dealer went from $56,500 to $51,200 pre 3250 lease cash. Even at cap cost of 48,700 the lease price isn’t particularly appealing.

Where are you shopping? Sounds like Lexus of Glendale.

Try Beverly Hills and Newport Beach.

They usually give 10% off before rebates from the start. I think you can push for 13% off

1 Like

Text me what you’re looking for, I can help you out
424-278-8216 (Gor)

Let me guess, you’re looking for an RC 350?

9 Likes

Hello,

First time post and I just did my first lease ever. It’s on a Lexus RC 300 F Sport. I’m on the peninsula in the Bay Area. I agree that room to deal was very limited. As I am new to this take my figures below with a grain of salt.

48months/ 10k miles (I don’t drive much).
0.00141 MF :sob:/ $20.5k residual
$5k down. Dealer rebates $4250. Total cost $47234
$580/month. Lexus RC 300 F sport.

Overall, I figure I can purchase and then sell the car after 4 years for 25-30k. But I’m enjoying it so far. Hope my numbers help you.

So you’re spending $33k to lease a $47k car?

Yeeeezus.

Good luck with your plan!

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2014085d

10 Likes

Thanks for the advice everybody. Enjoy your RC!

Fair point. Not 47234, but $51234. But Still your point is valid. It works for me based on other things going on. A luxury I can afford if you will.

You’ll be underwater. Just turn the car in after your lease is up.

2 Likes

Post pictures of said paperwork

Dealers not budging much on year end models? Lexus

Have you been following the discussion on my thread re: the 2019 Lexus ES 350? I made 3 fair offers and the deal still wouldn’t budge. I got what I thought was a good deal considering and 3 other dealers wouldn’t touch it. Apparently it’s still not good enough.

Maybe wait until next month. Then there will be a much less reason for Lexus to carry the 2019’s around.

Just saw it man. Sucks. Keep trying!

Just because you can afford to light money on fire, doesn’t make it a good use of your money.

3 Likes