Dealers Are Getting Bored With No Cars to Sell

“Always Be Closing”

Coffee is for closers

5 Likes

hahaha literally words I live by. Top 3 favorite movies of all time right there. It’s funny when I get in a little funk I watch this movie and I swear it helps :joy: thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I definitely know what that is. It’s hydrogen fuel celled vehicle, right?

1 Like

Ya! Back when they launched Toyota gave us an employee deal. I think it was $0 down like $249 a month including GAP (somewhere around that I can’t remember exactly now) and a $15,000 fuel card to cover all of our hydrogen. Then the state of CA cut us a check for $5,000 for driving a “clean vehicle”. Sticker price on it was just shy of $60,000. I’d say it would break the lease hacker calculator hahaha.

5 Likes

All jokes aside, lot of dealers are going to be cutting headcount as a result of this. No reason to keep paying staff if there’s nothing to sell.

3 Likes

We are working part time. 10-2pm. In the pool by 3pm :joy::joy:

9 Likes

How could 7 cars between all of those dealers not be sold already???

Does anyone here know of any dealerships with zerooooo cars in stock and doors closed because they have zero inventory left to sell and no inventory coming in for weeks or months now that a few manufacturers have cut production in nearly half

It’s Jaguar…

Seriously check this out

https://www.hennessyjaguaratlanta.com/new-inventory/index.htm

edit: 5 pre-owned vehicles

2 Likes

We just hired 2 new sales people with record low inventory and no end in sight. So we have 8 sales people with 30 used cars and 2 new cars in stock.

3 Likes

What’s the thought process behind that?

I have theories but I can’t say them on here.

8 Likes

theyre probably going to replace the more expensive people who aren’t producing anymore?

12 Likes

Anything that helps management’s bottom line!

1 Like

Blinker fluid disposal fee.

For many dealers, the lower the inventory gets, the less they discount / the more they mark it up, really trying to slow down the throughput as inventory dwindles and maximize profit. Perhaps to the point where you’re literally just waiting for someone desperate enough to pay way over MSRP on a Jaguar that may otherwise have had $10s of thousands on the hood. And you might be waiting for only 2 or 3 people are month that would do that. Not saying that’s necessarilly the case here though.

2 Likes

The “great reset” strikes again. Don’t worry there will be plenty of Evs to sell once you really really get bored…interestingly I haven’t seen them miss a beat through this shortage. Once China takes Taiwan is when things get a little more interesting with all these “shortages”.

We could be having a muscle car renaissance right now, but emissions and other regulations would never allow it.

2 Likes

I have a strong feeling that that chip manufacturer in Taiwan is already under outside control whether we can see it or not publicly…

2 Likes

How are used car sales? I mean obviously besides being better than new car sales.
Are most of your used cars from people trading in their old cars for new cars at your dealership? Or are a decent chunk people only flipping their used cars to you guys as a standalone transaction?

@Ursus

1 Like