Dealer Wont Negotiate Online?

Anyone have any tips to overcome dealers who refuse to negotiate online? I find the in-person experience brutal as I typically end up with a salesmen who knows far less than can be found with a quick google search. With a toddler at home I just can’t spend the time it takes to do this. That being said, I’ve come across several dealers who won’t go past the prices listed on their websites unless you come in. Any tricks?

Yes, dumpem! To me it’s the first indication that dealer is either
a. Not a volume deler and survives on number of big hit deals they can make = as brutal as it gets
b. Whoever is you are talking to is the wrong person at that dealer.

Your options, blanket a wider area of search and/or hire a broker or give up and pay what they feel is right, not the leasehackr approved option :smile:

1 Like

This is something that all hackrs should keep in mind when buying a new car. Many dealers structure the way they get profits through low volume high profit sales. Other dealers make money off of high volume low profit sales and gauge you on service. Take Ray Catena in the tristate. Normally, they overcharge you on a purchase. Even though I got a smoking deal from them, as a whole they over charge and don’t work with brokers. However, when your bring it back for service they will give you a low price and won’t screw you over.

4 Likes

How do you know if dealership is high volume or not?

I know I mentioned high volume, its more where they get their profits. Service vs Parts vs Sales. Really found out through trial and error.

Choose a different dealer…worst I ran into was Tustin Lexus.

Decent indication is how many new vehicles they have on the lot. 300+? Definitely high volume. 80-150? Probably somewhat small. In my local area (st Louis) for example there are 4 BMW dealers, all who have a small inventory, so it’s incredibly hard to get a good deal locally. But start to look at dealer groups like sonic, penske, Hendricks, etc those are the ones that’ll unload cars at dirt cheap when the timing is right because they have massive inventories.