Dealer won't honor website discount

A local CDJR dealer has a 23 Pacifica PHEV listed on their website with a 12% off discount. I used TrueCar to go to the internet dept, but they refuse to honor the discount for a lease. Is this legal? Is it condoned by Stellantis/dealer regulators?

MSRP $57,880
Discount $6,946
2023 Chrysler Retail Bonus Cash 23CPA1 $3,000
Federal EV Tax Credit $7,500
Total Savings $17,446
PRICE $40,434

Move on, shop elsewhere. Read the fine print.

10 Likes

They are scam artists and I BET if you were to buy it, then they would say it’s only for Lease… If it was HEMET CDJR , those guys do that all the time.

move on or get a broker, there is a few here that operate in CA

There’s not much more useless than a dealer’s website advertised price.

7 Likes

It isn’t uncommon for the discount or incentives to vary depending on if you’re looking to do a traditional purchase (I.e. finance) vs lease.

The dealer basically has the freedom to do as they please, but the bonus cash ($3k) is likely not applicable on a lease. There may be a TDM $1k offer on the Chrysler site however?

You’re going to keep hitting brick walls by looking for website pricing or soliciting quotes. Make offers instead.

2 Likes

What are they offering for a discount on a lease? What incentives are they applying?

Is this Huntington Beach jeep? :joy:

1 Like

Dealers post bogus pricing all the time, thats the worst way to check who has the best pricing. Always get quotes from an actual live person

Theres a reason multiple CDJR dealers have 2.5 stars on yelp, its one of the brands with the most dishonest dealers

1 Like

Seeing as you’re in California, report them to the AG. Koons Kia in MD faced a nasty $1 million fee over false advertising that caused ripple effects in Maryland.

6 Likes

Finally! Someone posts an AG request that actually makes sense over Lets call the AG because they won’t sell me a car at MSRP for a super rare.

I think that pretty much sums up the issue

1 Like

IF you are in SoCal, almost all of our dealers are shady, and the ones with big discounts are straight trash, like Hemet, Huntington beach , they put big discount only to add it elsewhere.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! The dealer was Van Nuys, and I wouldn’t have gone there. Glad to know I should avoid Huntington Beach, too. The $3k was, indeed, for purchase only.
Lastly, what’s a TDM offer?

Target(ed) Direct Marketing, or something to that effect. It can be website offers that pop-up or direct mailers with specific offer codes for $xxx off. Directly from manufacturer so it doesn’t come out of the dealer’s pocket.
Not everyone gets it, though there are ways.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.