Dealer won't cancel BMW maintenance plan

Background:
Family leased a new X7 from a local dealership and ended up buying the tire/wheel/voodoo maintenance package for $1800. We want to cancel said maintenance package and get BMW ultimate care +, which in CA, is possible until 60 days after the lease starts at which point a full refund isn’t mandatory.

Why this task has become a nightmare:
20 days into the lease we called our finance manager to sort this out. We emailed and left 3 voicemails without a reply. We talked to a different finance manager who made it sound like we wanted them to give us their kidney. Left 3 voicemails for the finance director and called for a week straight without any reply. Finally got a hold of the finance director yesterday and he said he would send something to sign yesterday, but surprise, still haven’t gotten anything. He gave the excuse that it’s a busy time of year and they’re short staffed, which I totally understand, but they haven’t communicated for an entire month. Our salesperson has forwarded this situation to the GM, whom we’ve left an unreturned voicemail for in the past as well.

Problem:
60 day lease mark comes up in a week and it feels like they’re just stalling until they aren’t required to offer a full cancellation. I understand we can buy BMW ultimate care plus anywhere, but is there any other way to cancel the maintenance plan?

Happy New Year!

What does it say on the cancellation policies of the plan(s) paperwork? Does it identify the program administrator? Is there contact information to cancel the plans thru the administrator?

I’ve canceled thru both program administrator and dealership in 2020.

Try calling BMWFS?

I was able to cancel add-on services with Lexus before. I figured it would be the same with BMW.

You have dated emails requesting cancellation, so those should stand up, legally speaking, if push comes to shove, as formal written cancellation request within the 60 days.

Guess local means too far to drive that Bmw and go have an in person discussion. :man_shrugging:

Maybe you will get a better response this month. End of year was nuts for most stores

3 Likes

The only contact information was the finance manager who is no longer with the dealership lol.

Exactly, just didn’t think it would come to this.

We’ve tried setting up appointments, but haven’t received a response. Since our finance manager is no longer with the dealership nobody seems to want to deal with this. Might just to do this though.

Hopefully!

2 Likes

Update: Customer relations manager called back and offered to cancel the maintenance plan and offer BMW Ultimate Care Plus for 50% off $700.

Appreciate everyone’s help!

And you declined this also, since your maintence is included for the lease?

UC + Includes brakes which can be worth it

Standard maintenance plan doesn’t include pads and rotors

Some of these cars can go through them pretty quickly

2 Likes

I thought everyone swaps or sells their BMW before it needs tires?

The version of this for my GTI, even on the first F&I pitch was an incredible deal for a purchase, very good “peace of mind” for a lease like you mentioned, I still passed. And the GTI went back to the mothership after 10 months, the only service it ever had was unscheduled. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

@jeisensc, what @Bostoncarconcierge said.
It’s a X7M50i with Msport brakes, which from what I’ve seen, can cost a minimum of $1500. Paying $350 up front gives us some piece of mind in case they do need to be replaced before 36k.

4 Likes

You were very patient. I would have been in the dealership within a few days of no help. Glad you got it sorted out in the end.

2 Likes

Well worth it.

1 Like

Had the same issue with Volvo. Dealer ignored calls and emails and voicemails . Everything was timestamped and I kept records of when I called since this wasn’t my first time. Called the insurance company who Volvo contracts to and they said they normally don’t deal with cancellations. I explained how they’ve ignored all of my requests. Bam a week later got my check in the mail.

1 Like

Glad it worked out!

We’re still waiting for the check to come in. Hopefully there aren’t any further hiccups smh

My son just got his leased 330i and was sold a $600 BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade. He also wants to cancel it. Hoping it’s not going to be a hassle.

If you’re in CA and it has been less than 60 days from the initial lease you’re entitled to a full refund of any paid “maintenance plan”. In my experience, they tried to talk me out of it, but be firm within your right and know that you don’t need anything past the included BMW ultimate care.

Also note you’re monthly payment won’t change, they just mail a check for the amount refunded.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Well…

UC+ includes brakes

At $600 good chance it pays for itself and more

Most people go through brakes in 3 years I’m willing to wager

How much is a brake job on a 3/5 series?

~$250-$350?

It’s been over a decade (literally) since I’ve had to replace brake pads on a car (and it wasn’t a lease)