Dealer Won’t Honor Website Price

Why is it that dealers won’t honor pricing that is on their website? I called about a 2022 Kona listed on site for $29,492 and was told that price is only for cash deals or financing. Then I called another dealer about a Kona listed for $27,971 - down from $30,990. Was told it was a mistake. Yet 2 days later it hasn’t been corrected. I think car dealers are primarily unscrupulous and out to screw buyers in any way they can.

lol. The price on their site did what it was supposed to, get your clicks.

4 Likes

And why we have supplemental income.

5 Likes

Made for some fire essays. Cannot complain.

Not helpful.

At least you’re calling and not going in person. You’re already a level 2 player.

6 Likes

This generally happens when there are different purchase and lease incentives.

3 Likes

Yes, and also advertised price is always for purchase. Lease price is advertised as $/mo

1 Like

Some poor TH needs to write a canned reply for every time this is asked.

1 Like

Yes, this is right.

They were just answering the above statement, there wasn’t much to be helpful.

Translation, sometimes the ‘prices’ include benefits from the OEM (such as incentives) and those incentives only appear if the car is ‘purchased’ or if the car is leased.

Welcome to the world of Car Shopping. And good of you to CHECK ahead of time before going into a bad deal.

1 Like

Many times dealers will advertise prices that include every single possible incentive. There’s no way you qualify for all of them.

You’re not a 1 legged, active duty army realtor that just graduated college, Costco membership in hand returning a current captive lease?

7 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa, active duty army MP doctor realtor that just graduated college, is a costco member, and returning a current captive and same branded lease. We’re professionals, we have standards.

4 Likes

Also, more often than not, their “Due at signing” is actually money down for cap cost reduction, so remember to add destination, tax, dmv and other fees for real drive offs.

with a vintage Aston Martin in the household

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.