Dealer wants to buy my Murano lease, what should I do?

Ok, so my Nissan dealer called this morning and would REALLY like to buy out my 2019 Nissan Murano lease. I made an appointment to bring it in later this week for them to look at it. Amazingly from what Carvana is willing to offer, it seems I’ve gone from underwater 2 months ago, to now being in the realm of $3-4k in equity.

I had casually already been looking at options, but haven’t gotten very far in my search. My top contenders would be: Hyundai Palisade, Lexus RX, Lincoln Nautilus, Genesis GV80 or maybe the GV70, or the Infiniti QX50. I might be open to other suggestions.

Is there any hope that I would land even a marginally good lease deal on any of those? I’d LOVE to cash out in a positive situation on my lease, but not if I can’t find something else that I’d like. I’m Costco, USAA, Amex member, but not sure if any of that even helps these days?

Any thoughts hackers?

No I don’t think there is any chance you can sell high and buy low in this market. If you get out of the Murano and have equity, you will just give it to the dealer that has your next vehicle.

What you will have is some added stress while you hunt for the next vehicle. How high is your payment on the murano?

2 Likes

Honestly not worth it. The cars your looking at are all mostly firm at msrp or may even be marked up. You’ll end up taking that equity and putting it towards a new car. Not a win win situation

Maybe the RX using max MSD or check the Marketplace for QX50, otherwise the rest are probably non-starters.

1 Like

Have you looked at the RDX from Acura ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.