Dealer wants their car back…. Hmmm what?

This pretty much sounds like what’s called a recon line for credit card denials. Except recon is going to be done by this sales directory internally with BMWFS.

4 Likes

Who the hell spends thousands on mods on a car they don’t own, and will have to pay to have removed before grounding?

5 Likes

I agree but when I told her what happened, she acted like “not my problem now” which is what pissed me off. She could have simply said, “let me look into it with dealer and get back to you” not “this is between you and BMWFS, don’t involve dealer”

Time for a consumer fraud attorney. Something is really wrong since these approvals and systems that process the information including records we have no access to are well regulated both by law and internal processes.

1 Like

I don’t blame her one bit. Sounded like this deal was a complete PITA, and, in this case, she did the absolute right thing by going Casper on you. Her point person, despite questionable business practices, is one of the top BMW salesmen in the country. He’s not going to lose his job over your deal, I assure you. Did the dealer mess up? Absolutely. The broker? Not at all.

13 Likes

I just want to see the spoiler :popcorn:

3 Likes

I do agree with you but how she handled it is unprofessional especially what’s been going on with her reputation. I wasn’t asking back for a refund of her broker fee or anything. She should have just been upfront like I’ll speak with the dealer and get back to you. That’s all I wanted. I don’t think that’s much to ask for? Salesman said whatever you said to the broker is between you two, I don’t know what you guys spoke about

Yeah I’m sure he won’t get fired but if it was a regular salesman with half ass sales, he def would have.

Let’s see what corporate and dealer says later today…
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

2 Likes

I remember when I got my latest X3 I had to sign something from BMWFS that said somethign to the effect that “I don’t have any other applications for any other cars right now and if I do they are void”

However, what I just said does not apply to your situation at all considering you already had the other car for ~ a month? I think at the end of the day this will get funded but thats me making huge assumptions.

As for this bashing the not to be named broker that we already had a huge length discussion in. That’s kinda old news and I’d like to hear more about the interaction with corporate :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Ashleigh got banned? She seemed so pleasant?

Was she swindling customers or what?

Take a look…

2 Likes

I think this is where we have to set the expectations for what a broker does and how long they are involved. With this thinking, you’re essentially saying they’re involved for the life of the lease. That’s simply not true and almost nobody would offer availability like that. They are there to get you a deal. The moment they get you the deal, their job is done.

In this case, even if she spoke to them for you, there would not be any headway because it involves your financials and the dealer could not (SHOULD NOT) give that info out to the broker.

6 Likes

Exactly what he said. A broker is not your financial consultant. Hell, even the dealer is not. They submit you to BMWFS and await their reply. You played a game with all of this “could be in my name, my wife’s, my business’s. could be leased, financed, through CU, through BMWFS …” and it failed. When the story keeps changing, so does the deal. Pretty simple, frankly.

10 Likes

In light of the rampant speculation on this thread, and the inability for the broker to respond and provide a more complete picture due to the suspension, I am taking the liberty to close this thread for the time being.

OP please PM me once you have a resolution to this; I will reopen the thread for any updates to be shared. Thanks.