Dealer wants my newly leased 2016 electric car back after a week

Totally not lurking/ trolling - I personally had this shit happen at MBZ (fletcher is in the name, located in Ventura CA) -and the shit they tried to play…fuck that- I can only imagine how many people got duped who aren’t as “seasoned” as some on here, who at best end up with no car or at worst get played into a shit deal.
It was only because of my diligence that I didn’t get screwed and I knew I had the upper hand. Even still , how many ppl do you know get screwed on a technicality even though the are dead right??

I’ve done half the lease in my office for coworkers because They get screwed and help them through exactly this scenario

For most lurkers, it’s not worth all the heart ache, they just want an honest deal.

I keep thinking about lurkers from Starcraft when you mention it.

You bring about a valuable point but it’s also up to the lukers to read more than one post. These car dealers do this everyday. Most people get new cars every 3 years. They see hundreds of deals while we see a handful.

Don’t let the dealer drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 Likes

Hi! Something similar is happening to me with BMW in Atlanta now. We had the car for a day and they called back saying the only way we can keep the car is with $5,000 more down or we have to return. How have you been handling this situation. We left the dealership on Saturday ALL papers signed.

I had a similar scenario with a Kia dealership. Was negotiating a deal and we were still far apart after about 90 minutes. Finally the salesman said all was good and we have a deal. Waited another 90 minutes for paperwork and the salesman comes back saying finance guy was too busy and they would call me back to finish the paperwork. I left with my new car. About two weeks later I had never heard from the dealership so I called them. They said to come in and finish the paperwork.

I went in the next day and they tried to change the price and terms. I refused to budge at all and this went for another two hours. I finally ended up telling them I won’t sign the deal unless they give me another $500 off the negotiated price because the car now has 2300 miles on it and I wanted to buy a new car. The finance guy almost fell off the chair when he heard 2300 miles. After more back and forth they offered me the original deal. I was so frustrated that I refused it and left them with a 2300 mile used car.

3 Likes

Something was clearly wrong with the contract that the deal wasn’t funded - could be credit tier approval, could be a mistake in lease rates etc. The more detail you can give us the better.

I know it stinks, but my philosophy here is usually to tell them you’ll be returning the car. Assuming you didn’t falsify your finance application leading to the rejection, you’d be amazed what they’ll do when you call them out and inform them the car will be hitting their inventory again.

Don’t go back to the dealer. Call the financial institution (eg BMW Finance) and see if they have your account and if everything is good to go. If you are good to go with the bank, the dealer is pulling shenanigans so don’t cave to them.

1 Like