Dealer taking S60 back to repair

I received this car (details in signed deals section) and gave it a full look over yesterday. Three of the four wheels have curb rash, the front air dam is scraped and the worst damage is the passenger side rocker panel. Almost as if someone went over a curb. Car drives fine. The dealer is taking the car back and providing me a loaner while they fix everything. Anything else I should ask for?

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2019-s60-t6-rdesign-loaner-help-485-sign-and-drive-only-msds/198752![image|666x500](upload://o0Xe7dHHrtSCDH2REOoSYDBFxUH.jpeg)

Did you sign the deal sight unseen or something? Or did you know about this damage, sign the paperwork and received confirmation from the dealership they would resolve the problems.

1 Like

I signed it. It was dark when I received it and only put a few miles on it when I noticed everything. Dealer is extremely apologetic and taking care of it but it is an inconvenience.

Well, The fact that they are repairing it is good at least. Monetarily, I don’t know that you have much recourse…you can’t just return the car, and they know that. They’re making you whole by repairing it free of charge, however. I suppose you could ask for 250-500 as a goodwill gesture for your time and inconvenience, but don’t be surprised if they balk at that also

1 Like

As long as they’re fixing and it and giving you a loaner I believe they’re doing the correct thing

8 Likes

Thanks guys, I do too. Figured I’d get some input though. Dealer has been really good to work with.

1 Like

That’s refreshing to hear. I think too many people always make it about “us versus them” with dealers.

Good to hear you’re pleased and they’re doing what they can!

I’m surprised they took responsibility and apologized, since you took the car home already. That’s a repeat business contender.

1 Like

It was delivered to my in-laws Wednesday evening in the Harrisburg area and it was dark. I asked repeatedly in advance and they assured me it was in perfect condition. Then on Thanksgiving we were at family’s and I didn’t drive it. It wasn’t until yesterday that I crawled all around it and noticed the damage. I live in Pittsburgh, the dealer is in Philly so they’re sending a driver to my in-laws this morning to pick up the car and leaving me a loaner. When finished they’ll drive it out to Pittsburgh and pick up the loaner. Getting some sort of mileage credit in case I go over.

I’m very surprised they didn’t blame the damages on you. It’s an inconvenience for sure but I think they are doing the best that they can do at this point. Don’t worry about it and enjoy your new car.