Dealer REVOKED lease agreement!

I recently completed a signed lease agreement in the state of Florida with Jeep dealership. I provided first months payment and paid for new tag. The car I signed lease for was not available for 3 days so I had to wait. 2 days later I was contacted and told that rebates changed and dealer was no longer able to keep same payments.

Not sure what this is or how common it is but from my perspective there are many things wrong with this but not sure how much standing I have. Anyone experience this before?

Dealers have the ability to ask for the car back (which in this case never left) if the Finance numbers change due to many circumstances.

I’m more curious how they were able to give you a SIGNED lease for a car they didn’t have.

The vehicle was in transit and I know that dealers have done this before but everything financially was done, or so it seems. Also, what gives them the ability? (talking out loud here).

It’s very common, especially with shady FCA dealers, good thing they didn’t pull it after you took delivery. Can’t find your deal posted, I assume it was competitive?

I did not post deal online but it was for a Jeep GC 2024 Limited, 10k/39mo 0 down - $535. Two days later excuses came in and apparently I won’t be able to take car.

Yeah I’d imagine the last thing they’d want is to pull the deal seeing how much CDJR dealers need to move metal.

They probably got in trouble for it and/or there was an issue with the unit when it landed.

Assuming this was with CCAP, SFS should have similar numbers this month and a dealer should work to make it right even if they have to eat some of the error with additional discounts.

As a 39 month lease maybe it was Ally which usually does things differently and other banks might not compete.

CCAP was the lender

You could probably get that deal/better deal by calling around and telling other dealers what happened. Tell them you want the same payment or better and you will sign today.

1 Like

Florida is tough though. Sometimes you need to go out of state. mall of Georgia one state over is a solid dealer and Mike Clinnin often discounts there. @AutoNinjas also has a FL dealer and might help.

@harrydogyo @Andrw Some things seem to not add up for me, why a CCAP program? SFS isn’t much better, but its better than CCAP by $10/mo or so. No Ally or US Bank program this month beats out SFS. One reason to go to CCAP is for approval (CCAP is more flexible on approval and will give tier bumps more willingly than SFS), were you a tier 1 approval? Also, was it $0 DAS or $0 down payment, but inceptions paid up front? If it was $0 DAS sign and drive and $535/mo, that might be why they kicked that deal, I wouldn’t say any deal is impossible with Stellantis world but its meaningfully better than what our deal would be and some would argue we have some of the best prices in the country. It is also worth noting that the programs for this car did get meaningfully worse this month compared to last month - based on when you posted it and your verbiage I assume the deal was written well into April, however if you did sign for the car in March and it landed in April that opens another possibility why they punted the deal.

If you want a transparent deal from a reputable broker on here who is known for their CDJR deals, I would invite you to submit an inquiry and work with my rep Nathan, no cost or obligation to do so until you decide to proceed with our offer. :slight_smile:

-Matt

4 Likes

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. Dealer thought the vehicle was coming, didn’t show up in time, so it triggered the april programs.

That or they’re just making up an excuse to not honor the deal they offered.

This really sucks, but you never actually “bought” the car. Without taking delivery you really don’t have any recourse. Give them a bad review and move on to another dealership/ vehicle.

Thanks for the thorough bits of information. I actually just found out today through the dealer that they sold the car to someone else who was paying higher. I was unaware of ownership meaning when you take it off the lot because we had an executed contract. Finance manager ever thought I was driving the car off the lot until the salesperson said otherwise. They had buyers remorse it seems and re thought the deal and someone were able to sell it from under me. I have spoke with other brokers before but would be interested to see what they come up with but if it isn’t close in price then I may just move to another car