Dealer not honoring national promotion?

Test drove a 2020 BMW M340i today at the dealer, the lease numbers they provided were too high and didn’t budge much on discounts, which I expected some due to being a new model. I pointed out the national ad on BMW website for leasing a 2020 BMW 340i for $549/mo, and they acted like they didn’t know it existed, and pretty much said the M340i I test drove can’t be leased for that price. It was a really strange experience, and was pretty much told I could only lease the M340i for the numbers they were providing, which were really high. For perspective, the M340i was base model, no leather, only equipped with Park Distance Control and 19" M wheels, MSRP $57185.

Why would a dealer not honor a national lease promo advertised on the BMW website and on TV? The ad states at participating BMW Centers, is there a way to check whether a dealer participates on those ads?

Why are you trying to get them to honor a bad national deal?

3 Likes

Note that you also need the $1000 loyalty credit as well as $500 from the lender.

1 Like

They’re doing you a favor. You don’t want to pay the national ad rate anyway

1 Like

A 2020 is from the future so you are lucky to get any discount.

8 Likes

Have a lease sheet?

Welcome to my world in Alaska. You would be lucky to get a national deal here. End up having to get deals out of state. If your local dealer won’t play ball, move to another one.

And I agree, the national deals are horrible when you compare them to any deal posted here.

1 Like

Hawaii’s BMW dealers are equally as horrible. If I lived in SC or NC I’d consider a trip up north (NJ or MA) to grab a car instead,

I almost bet it’s the fact they do so many employee -0- profit deals that they they try to make up for it otherwise. There’s also a GA dealer here that seems to be open to doing decent deals.

1 Like

The numbers as follows: MSRP 57185; discount 4185; dealer add ons/accessories 996; RV 34175.25; MF .00185; 36 mo/10k mi; dealer closing 547; acquisition fee 925; monthly pymt 778.47

Cute add-on…

Instead of worrying about national promotion

Get base MF (0.00145)

And 12% off MSRP

Problem solved!

Yeah the add ons are nitrogen 49, window tint/door edge guard 449, wheel locks 149, ELO connected car 349. Definitely could do without the nitrogen and ELO.

Do you qualify for loyalty? USAA? Have an OL code?

In any case, aim for $50,250 SP before incentives and buy rate with no dealer add-ons. The add ons can be written off completely. (They’re not going to rip off the window tint)

I am a USAA member and active duty military. No college or loyalty/conquest eligibility.
Thanks for the advice, I’ll try that next time.

Id love to find 12% off this car and base mf.

If I have to go out of Washington state to find this deal, is transport the only option? Do any dealers do courtesy delivery as in bmw shipping to a local dealer for pick up? A fee involved I’m sure.