Dealer forgot to take my down payment

I’m going to pay it today they called me and I have no issues paying it because that’s what was agreed and signed for. Thanks for all the input and opinions greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

he saw on the sheet that there was nothing available.

I saw a post on 5-25 that said certain specs were available I did not see on the post what model. Again I apologize it’s a done thing already sorry I took 2 minutes and 2 messages of your time.

4 Likes

Imho they will find their mistake and ask you to come in and make the payment.

Brother stop apologizing! You don’t owe him shit or any broker at that. Congrats on your new ride!

1 Like

someone on the radio called in and said that they charged a new bike (honda) on a credit card and the payment never showed up on the statement. lucky SOB. how come these things never happen to me. if no one ls you then consider yourself lucky, i wouldn’t pay it.

1 Like

It’s amazing to see some of the responses on here LOL …

Whatever happened to character?

5 Likes

Summary: Dealer forgot to run the card, hoping I got away with it. They called and made me pay.

The End

Ok you already know what to do.

You are trying to get the forum’s blessing on ripping them off to the tune of $2k.

1 Like

1st thing to do is verify on your signed contract that the 2K is actually reflected in the math. Most likely Finance had that not factored into what you paid.

Many years ago a similar situation happened to me, except it was taxes not down payment. Finance guy thought taxes were in the payment, but the deal was taxes to be paid upfront.

After a week or so and about 800 miles later, they called to tell me to pay. I was young, dumb and immature, and thought I had leverage. Told them no, they said to bring the car back, I thought they were bluffing so I did. Ends up they were not bluffing, and two days after I dropped off the car, I came back and re-leased it for the original deal.

I happily admit it was the wrong thing to do, you should always be fair, and I will always remember that lesson.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.