Deal Reconciliation - Calculator to Lease Quote: 24 BMW i4

, ,

24 BMW i4 E40 (Prem Package)

The calculator link has the MSRP / Discount / etc.

Lease Calculator

The dealer insists the MF before MSDs is .0023 but I keep getting .0025 when I calculate off the term sheet. Can someone let me know if I am doing that wrong. Something odd is going on with the taxes (Live in GA-7% and Dealer is in NC). I also can’t get the taxes to match the lease sheet to the calculator and get a similar payment. Not sure how the 1312.25 in box 13C is being determined?

I certainly hope you haven’t signed this.

1 Like

If you take one of my in stock i4 40’s I’ll ship it to GA and do 9% off MSRP, but even if you don’t buy from me, please don’t sign that deal.

1 Like

Yes - I know the deal isn’t good but out of my hands as a vehicle was needed immediately due to unforeseen circumstances.

Curious if anyone has insight on the questions proposed in the original post?

7% of what?

So this is signed? If so, theres no point in you worrying about how they got there.

GA TAVT is 7%, but that could include down payments, rebates, acq fee, doc fee, etc, there are ways it can get there, but if it’s signed it doesn’t really matter now.

1 Like

Yup, understood and agree. Just trying to understand the math for my own sake. I was out of the country and a relative needed the vehicle immediately.

Just for my own sanity this was the math I was doing for the MF calculation, but the dealer insists it is not correct:

So the pooch is already screwed and you just want an idea of how expensive the vet visit really was?

It’s perfectly reasonable and prudent to arm oneself with more info for next time.

3 Likes

Sure that is one way to look at it but as mentioned, arm oneselves with more info. Hence the title…not a Deal Check but a Deal Reconciliation

1 Like

I suppose that’s fair, unlike this deal.

1 Like

Trust me when I saw the deal, I leaned into my relative for making a terrible decision and going forward on emotions and not logic.

1 Like

At first glance it kinda looks like they monkeyed with the rate and did a full point of markup rather than half point but OOS title fees (notary or title runner) we’re not seeing could also explain the difference.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. Many lessons learned for sure.

1 Like

The closest I can come to that amount of taxes would be:

16,100 + 925 + 752 + 899 + 56.00 + 38.75 = 18,770 * .07 = $1,313.90

I really don’t think that’s even a correct tax base, but it’s the closest I can get.

The other way I can get close is if they applied NC tax of 3% on total of monthly plus upfront instead of the proper GA tax, but it’s really all just a guess.

You need a total of 18753.60 taxable at 7% to reach 1,312.75 or 43758.50 taxable at 3%…

Thanks IACs - yes I was grasping at straws and looked at the NC angle as well, but all moot at this point. I know when I am buying my own car I will be getting in touch with you two.

2 Likes

Where might I be able to see what you have in stock for the i4s?

PM me and I’ll send you some options

Maybe keep fingers crossed they screwed up the tax and will need your relative to re-sign. Then she can work a better deal.

1 Like