Deal on 2021 BMW M340i

I was told by another broker that it’s not uncommon to take a deposit and then the broker to pay the dealer with their card but the calculations on the lease will be slightly different from the LH calculator.

In either case, that means dealer math is an even bigger factor when the average person tries to replicate a deal they saw on here.

Love the car btw.

Was the broker you paid an LLC entity?

I am unsure of that.

How did you remit payment?

Right. And why do you think it’s how it should be? The only thing brokers should collect is their fees.

2 Likes

From the calculator, DAS is $9046. Then you paid $1k upfront, so that gets you to $8046 which is very close to what you paid. So the math lines up. Not sure what made you think you’d owe $9034 at signing.

Through venmo

I’m getting conflicting answers from people. Yes, I know I was expecting to owe $8K on signing but my question was around how that $1K was given to the dealer as it’s not clear from the lease contract.

Plus I have an incentive of $2K on the lease contract which I have been told is a BMW loyalty credit when this is my first BMW.

All questions that make it difficult for a non broker to lease hack similar deals.

I don’t know. That’s why I’m raising the question of transparency and input from experts and brokers.

Just ask your broker for proof of payment to the dealership.

Yeah, that’s not going to happen.

1 Like

If it’s not on the lease contract, I don’t think it went to the deal. Very simple.

Maybe “under the table”.

I guess the broker doing this deal was, in a way, advertising “no rebates may be added” lmao.

Thats probably paying off the sales manager to keep him happy for future deals. Really interested in how this pans out. Not sure how i feel about this.

What’s with the wild guesses. If the broker was unwilling to explain to OP, clearly he just took another $1k off the deal.

1 Like

that’s profit - there’s nothing wrong with that. the issue here shouldnt be the profit, it’s the loyalty.

That’s my point.

Just let us know who it is so the broker here can explain it to us.

This is just wrong.

Look at the first post. At this point I don’t know why he doesn’t just tag the guy, at this point he’s just talking shit behind his back.

I edited the name out. This topic about the $1K was originally a part of another different thread but was merged by some moderator.