Deal Feedback 2018 X3 M40i Loaner - 3K miles

Dear Hackers

I need your feedback on the following deal.

MSRP: 61,690 - not sure on exact number but its between 61,500 and 61,900
Sale Price: 50,954 - this includes BMW loyalty
MF: .00188
DAS: 3,700 - Taxes, first month and fees
Payment: 595
36 months @ 12K a year.

Is this a good deal? I am about to sign this today.

Thanks

I don’t think there’s much room to get lower than that, though with the DAS you’re close to $700. X3 M40i’s come a little more dear than the average Bimmer.

I’d pull the trigger, assuming you love the car. And how could you not VRRRRROOOOOOOMM blatt blatt pop pop pop

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I do love the car. I countered the offer with $595 and DAS $2,000 but they would not budge. Would a offer of $590 with DAS $3,600 be reasonable. This would shave off roughly 800 off the price of the car?

Are you able to do MSD?

No, my state does not allow it.

You can try for more, but I doubt they’re gonna move lower.

Someone else will definitely bite at that price, so if it’s the SAV for you, bring it home and post pics!

I’m super jealous, damn the negative equity in my dumb Lexus! Those things are badass all the way around. Get it and have fun.

That’s a pretty good discount on an M40i.

You’re basically asking them o take an additional 600 off the price of the car, if you’re lucky then awesome, if not then I think you should still take it if you really like the M40i.

Other than that, I’m surprised to see one so discounted. Must be a good time to buy M40i cars.

$25,300 outlay over 3 years, not to mention the cost of new tires - maybe 2 sets.

What’s the residual? A purchase may not be a bad deal… yes, the car is all that and then some. :sunglasses:

Why not count the gas and oil and brake pads and anti-freeze and car washes, too?

Tires are consumable with any car one leases or buys. I don’t think this is so much to consider buying.

A 60 month note on the $50,600 (ignoring tax to make your side more attractive) price nets a payment of ~ $910. Doubt you’ll have equity at the three-year mark, either.

I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Agree. If you like the car, take it. No sense arguing over an extra $600 on a demo vehicle, as someone else can grab it and there’s nothing to replace it with.

Great and fair points.

Perhaps the only argument for purchase may be that the OP may enjoy it so much, he will want to keep it…

1 Like

They’re a lot more, ahem, daunting to own past the warranty!

Residual is 57%

I doubt that I’ll keep it past the 3 years given it being an M series car.

If you do want to keep it, get a promotion and start saving for muffler bearings and hyper drives that’ll mysteriously go south after exactly 48 months (or whatever the warranty is)

Agree, 4y/50k goes quickly.

It’s a very reasonable daily driver as it is not a true “M”, but rather a hybrid.

How much incentive are you getting from loyalty?

I signed a lease last year for 2018 X4 M40i for 10k/36mo for 497 monthly tax included with 3500 DAS. The car was a loaner with about 4.3k miles.

Your deal seems to have some room to go down a bit more.

1,500 in incentives. I tried to negotiate down more. But this is basically a very well equipped car. Has premium and executive package.

My X4 was msrped at 66.7k.