Deal Comparison: Acura MDX vs. Lexus TX

Hello Hackrs,

I’d appreciate your insight here. I have two offers that I am seriously considering, and wondering which one might make more sense:

Offer 1: New Lexus TX (base), 36 month lease for total cost of ~$26000 over 3 yrs
Offer 2: Loaner Acura MDX w/ Tech Package, 36 month lease for total cost of $22000 over 3 yrs

Bit more about what I think so far:

• Location is NJ
  • We are a family of four so larger space of TX is appealing. Having said that, we currently drive a 2020 (last gen) MDX and this car is big enough for our needs 99% of the time
  • Initial impression is that MDX drives better, while TX has better convenience and space
  • Loaner MDX has a few thousand miles and not sure if this is a bad idea, I heard loaners can be in bad shape due to people driving them without much care

Any opinions welcome. Thank you!

Are you not getting Acura loyalty on your lease ? Your payments for an Acura mdx should be in the 500s in nj

Both cars have same options?

Thanks for sharing. The loaner deal is from my current dealership and the rep told me that this deal is inclusive of the remaining equity on my current vehicle (since the miles are lower than expected) and all other factors. So I assume this includes loyalty.

When you say MDX should be in the 500s in NJ, did you mean with zero down? And for a new MDX?

Not exactly identical but in terms of options / features that I value, both the base TX 350 and MDX have similar options.

I forgot to mention, the MDX is with Tech Package

Have you checked more than 1 dealership? Have you contacted a broker from Marketplace for a quote? There are a few in NJ, and I believe @aronchi deals with both Acura (no fee) and Lexus.

Thanks! I will check with other dealerships and NJ brokers.

@aronchi has not been responding to my text messages over the last couple weeks for some reason

my guess is likely because your pricing expectations are from 2019.

and you would be wrong, because i never told you about my pricing expectation. My text messages were simply availability inquiry.

good luck on your next guess tho Aronchi

1 Like

New mdx, the usual stuff, 1st month, DMV, tax title, bank fee.

Which is how much?

The rep said it was $800. Current miles are ~17000, and I leased this loaner back in January of 2021. Odometer was 3500 back then, and the option I chose was 7500 miles per year.

Might be better off purchasing this current vehicle and sell it right away if I think equity should be higher

Have you used the calc to put together what your target payment should be with any equity, etc?

Get more bids

This is amazing, thank you sir!