Deal Check - VW ID4 2023 RWD Pro in Texas

Just wanted to confirm if this is a good deal and have a question on tax and how the money factor is calculated? My plan is to eventually buy it out ASAP. Income limits force me to lease to get the tax credit. Sorry for lots of questions. It’s my first time leasing.

The dealer says MF is 0.0024 but I don’t see that in first 2 pages of the document.

1. Can that be verified from these figures below?
  2. Also, in Texas the tax is not paid upfront and rolled into cap cost? Is it paid during buy out?
  3. Since the L&M is the tax. Will I be double taxed when I buy this out after a month? Or will that (or part of it) be credited ?
  4. I also have VW partner program for additional 500$ off. Will that make this deal extra sweet or just so-so?

Terms: 36/12,000
MSRP: 45936
Selling: 40936
Lease credit: 7500
Residual: 24346 (52%)
Taxes: N/A
Title, license and registration: 203
Lease acq: 699
Doc fee: 150
L&M Fee: 417.95 (says 1.25% tax)
Gross cap cost: 42405
Due at sign: 435 as first month payment.

LeaseHackr Calculator quote: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

If you planning to buy out immediately then MF dont matter.

Is this good deal so far? And regarding the buy out, is it standard for VW Credit (dealer says in the agreement they will sell it to them) to have early buy out option? I don’t want to sign and then find out I can only buy out at the end.

Tax? Why is calculator saying 6.25%

You getting $5k off msrp which seems to be good. Not sure about the Tax you may be taxed on the buyout price but i am not familiar with TX tax law on buyout…

Because that is TX tax rate for vehicle sale. However I found this: How does sales tax work on a lease in Texas - #2 by mberbic

Saying it is only 1.25%, which is consistent with my dealer.

So do you think it is good deal?

I know what L&M is. I used to work at Toyota dealership in TX. I don’t know. Have you shopped this with few other dealers?

Just got the quote yesterday. Other dealers have higher MSRP, about 2k more. So you think there is more room? Kinda tired waiting.

Well, shop some more

So just send out this quote to various dealerships? Basically see who has the lowest price?

Only do if serious

Serious? Yeah we’re serious.

2 Likes

I got an offer for 460 a month for 39 months lease. I declined

what dealer in what city in texas?
i’m getting only 2800 off so far in dealer discounts.

There must be sales tax credits on the vehicle if they are listing L&M at 1.25% … When you buyout the car you will pay sales tax on the buyout price in TX.

Hewlett VW in Georgetown

Everyone does that right?

I would see if you can get MF to 0.0020 and RV to 54% to get payments around 400/month.

If it’s a lender tax credit, then any VW dealer using VW Credit (or whatever they call their financing arm) can do that for you (as far as I know). The lender tax credits are usually limited though. Once they hit the dollar amount they have available then that’s all there is.