Deal Check Volvo C40 2023

I think if range/road trips are your top concern, Tesla is definitely the way. If you’re anti-Elon, it’s still not Volvo (probably EQE, EQS, or i4 if you can manage).

But for many, that might not be the top concern.

1 Like

All the big OEMs introduced their new EVs. Given the time and money required

I don’t disagree with this but the emphasis is on the market which will be highly relatable to the decision of lease or own. Back in 2022 when anything has EV in its name sold out instantly. That’s not a rationalized market. With Lithium/battery price falling off a cliff the blood bath is just beginning. Also a lot of people may not like this but Chinese EVs are getting dirt cheap. They are not sold here but they are indeed sold in EU and China, two other biggest car markets, the ripple effect will come thru and I think EX30 is a good example. Also if anything, the trajectory of Chinese market Model 3, they started ~30% more expensive than the US equivalents but now they are already cheaper. This is actually the first time ever an equivalent model sold in China is cheaper than the US. As cheap as a Model 3 appears today, the cost of ownership might surprise you after 3 years. That’s why I tried to say buying any EV at the moment isn’t a good idea, but again that’s just my wild take.

Also new Tesla models alone, EX30/90 series new entries and other EV pickups may be good enough reasons to hold for now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.