Deal Check (TX) - 2024 Kia Telluride Ex lease

, ,

I am looking at a 2024 Kia Telluride Ex.

MSRP: $44,875
Sale Price: $42,375

36 months, 12kmi a year
$499/mo and $4k out of pocket (all TX taxes, fees, etc) + first month payment.

I have other offers in that range but was wondering how good the deal is. Thanks!

What is the sale price?
What does the $4k out-of-pocket consist of/ breakdown?
Does your payment include TX tax, 6.25%. Are you paying the tax in the $4k upfront?
Are the other offers dealer-direct or through brokers plus their fees?

Thanks!

Not sure what the sale price is but I believe they are discounting it about 5.5%.

The $4k includes all taxes, title, etc. Yea paying the $4k upfront.
This is directly dealing with the dealerships on my own

Just keep in mind your effective lease payment when dividing the downpayment across your lease you are looking at about $625 per month on this. No idea how this compares to other deals, but just keep that in mind. You need an actual breakdown of fees and charges and the money factor. The msrp could be 45k, but the dealer could be adding 5k of bs addons, and then saying the car is discounted 5k and you are actually paying msrp.

1 Like

You’re much better off owning for 4-5 years and trading vs doing consecutive leases.

So of that base MSRP its about $1520 in “add-ons”

Glacial White Pearl Paint $495
EX Captain’s Chairs Package $800
Carpeted Floor Mats $225.00
Cargo Net $55
Carpet Cargo Mat w/Seatback Protection $115

You have to be certain what the sale price is and determine if there are any add-ons, PDI, blue-sky package, you get my drift.

These charges right off the bat need to be removed, unless it is reflected in the actual window sticker. Post the actual numbers that the dealer is giving you and this community can help you.
Carpeted Floor Mats $225.00
Cargo Net $55
Carpet Cargo Mat w/Seatback Protection $115

Yea those are straight from the Window sticker.
Sale price is $42,375.

Those aren’t Add Ons, those are Manufacturer installed options.
Manufacturer installed options are part of the RV in a Lease, Add Ons aren’t.

• Tint
  • {Famous Name} Protectant
  • Lojack

Those are examples of ‘Add Ons’ as they were added on after the car arrived at the dealer. (Captain seats are almost always NOT dealer add ons)

Yea sorry then no other add-ons besides that

There is $1050 in lease cash on the Telluride EX (I’m assuming FWD) since you’re in TX. So, your dealer discount is only about 3.2% 44,875 MSRP - $1050 Lease Cash = $43,825 - $1450 Dealer Discount = $42,375

I tried to reverse engineer this in the calculator, but since I don’t know all of the fees in the deal had to make some assumptions. I’m getting a little higher payment. I don’t know if there are sales tax credits at play or not. You need a more detailed breakdown. Bottom line, your dealer discount is only 3.2%

Thanks, I put in the numbers and this is what it looks like the dealer is doing:

Lease Calculator

Verify what the money factor should be vs what the dealer is giving. They could be jacking the money factor.
0.00256 mf isn’t unheard of today but you won’t know until you verify what Kia has it set at. Even a 1% interest rate difference is about 40-60$ a month.

But that calculator doesn’t reflect $4k DAS. Your calc is showing $4497 DAS. Also, rebates aren’t taxed in TX, so that needs to be moved to an untaxed incentive. That changes the DAS a bit.

It would help if you had the actual deal breakdown from the dealer. But good luck getting that from most Kia dealers.

I think you need to contact way more dealers. Contact dealers within 500 miles. Remember you can ship a car for around $1 per mile or less.

I can’t even imagine the misery of contacting all of the Kia dealers within a 500 mile radius of me

Over It Maid GIF

1 Like