Deal Check - Subaru Solterra 36 month 12k - $1000 down+ first month upfront - 335/month

New England - MA/RI
Worked with a local Subaru dealer for a Subaru Solterra - Premium(basic trim)

MSRP 46405
Selling 41905
$4500 discount
11k Rebate - State + Fed
Title+doc fee - 1k
Down - 1k + first month
Monthly payment comes to 335/month.
Is this a good deal. They want me to sign ASAP(tomorrow).

Special thanks to @harrydogyo for all the help and guidance/support

EDIT - MF is high .00229 - comes to 5.5 APR and the finance guy said we cant buy it down/no MSDs since subaru wont allow.

Dealers around here were giving $6k-$7k off. It seems like dealers in states that have free money hold back on discounts. SoCal dealers/brokers were at about the same effective payment with only the $7500 fed ev incentive.

Some dealers in the area are advertising 5k-6k off, but in reality they are offering 3k and trying to make the other 3k on trade-ins. So, overall 4500 without a trade in is the best deal I could negotiate.

Yeah, it is what it is. Because of that additional state EV incentive, you may not be able to get any more off. I think the Ioniqs were the same way. They weren’t discounting them in RI as much as other states that didn’t have additional EV incentives. It’s still a pretty good deal.

1 Like

Thank you, I will move ahead with it

1 Like

I’m trying to hit 7K off from premium trim, but no luck so far.

1 Like

How far did you get…I think I got stopped at 4.5k …lol

Its a decent deal. If you are getting the ideal car (color etc) you like, dont worry about missing out on a few bucks per month and pull the trigger

Discounts are getting better on some of these entry level EVs, but selection may also become thin as dealers clear them out

The best one was $5670 off for a premium trim. 5K is very much doable in a few dealerships. In fact they advertise 5K off on their website.

They do advertise 5k-6k but it’s a bait. Has a lot of fine print, esp the 6k one needs a 2009 or newer trade in. Basically they are trying to make the 3k on the trade so nett 3k is the most I have seen in this area. My sample size is small but that’s what I gathered.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.