Deal Check: Subaru Outback Onyx Edition XT

This is the first time leasing a car. I’ve been lurking the forums here and Edmunds a bit and am finally reaching out to some dealers. I was able to find a decent deal but was wondering if the more experienced could help me out to see if this is actually a good deal.

Below are the details that I was offered:

MSRP: $38,161
Selling Price: $34,345 (~10% off MSRP)
Months: 36
Miles/year: 10k
Residual: 61%
MF: 0.0008
Down: $0
Incentives: $0
Acq Fee: $595
Dealer Fee: $399
Sales tax: 8.875%

After putting all that into the Leasehackr calc,
Monthly w/ tax is $354 and drive off is $2,915.

Here is the link to the calc:

Hey, I am new at this as well.

1. Is the selling price pre-incentive? If it is, 10% off MSRP is pretty solid for Subaru. I am in the market for one as well and based on reading on LH it’s generally tough to get a good deal on a Subaru.

2. What are $399 in dealer fees? These should be minimal, if not zero.

3. I see that you’re paying acquisition of $595 and taxes of $1,218 upfront. Usually, I see this rolled up into the payment, but obviously this adds $50 or so to your monthly payment, for a total of $404. Usually, LH readers roll everything up to defer the cost.

Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in.

1 Like

You’re not going to find many dealers anywhere that charge $0 in dealer fees, however, a NY dealer is limited to $75 for doc fees. $399 is about right for a NJ dealer.

1 Like

OP indicated he is leasing NY.

reach out to @AutoNinjas. He’s got some good deals on Subaru for the north east, might be able to save a bit more.

He is in New York, but that doesn’t mean the dealer is. It’s very common for NY based individuals to lease from an out of state dealer.

Already got in touch with him!

1 Like