Deal Check - Subaru Outback Limited

Hello! I am looking at a 36/10k lease on a Outback Limited with 1st payment only due at signing. Does this deal look decent?

1 Like

Looks like a pretty standard VIP deal (whether or not you have it) with buy-rate on the lease. The calculator matches their offer?

LH was born to take advantage of market/RV inefficiencies in a way that clearly benefited the lessee. Like almost every post in Share Deals & Tips and the Trophy Garage.

Like the guys paying just slightly more than your Subaru quote to drive $130k EQS580s and Etron RSs. They can lease those over and over again and clearly that arrangement is a tremendous benefit to them over buying one. There’s a winner and a loser in every deal and they’re clearly the winners. The bank is clearly the loser.

So you have to ask yourself how you benefit from the proposed arrangement. You’ll spend $17,000+ on this lease. Likely 18 on the next one. For a car that costs 36? Are you the winner there?

2 Likes

Couldn’t get more for the lexus?

I think I should get more for the Lexus. One reason I’m hesitant on the deal.

You sure you want to go from a Lexus hybrid to a Subaru with the 2.5? Maybe consider the XT cause that 2.5 is a slug in their even smaller cars.

You would think the acceleration is the problem but the thing I miss least about my ‘22 XT was how abrupt the start/stop was. Back in a hybrid and not sure I would ever go back. Driving it like it’s stolen and getting a good 6 miles a gallon better fuel economy is just a bonus.

Totally can see that as a problem. I had a 19 3.6 Outback and honestly I can not tell you at all why people purchase them. CVT was dreadful, interior was cheap with leather peeling off seats, it had the driveshaft fail, and every windshield crack. I felt it was one of the worst cars I’ve ever had.

1 Like

My wife and I have owned numerous subarus since 2011 including a 23 Ascent and a 23 Outback. We no longer own either of them. Both of them had head unit issues which Subaru still hasn’t addressed 4 years later and the Ascent was horrible on gas, worse than our 19.

My wife had a highlander prior to the 23 Ascent. I put her back in another highlander and I bought a 2018 RX350L. Keep your Lexus. You’ll be happy you did.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. Can’t keep the Lexus. Lease is up.

Is the lease buy out price (27.5K) close to fair? Then buy it out…

Love the Lexus but need more cargo space.

1 Like

Consider a V60 CC. Honestly Lexus to Subaru is a major downgrade.

1 Like

I’m not sure I 100% agree there - there is actually quite a but I like about the brand, but I can’t recommend the last MY of the Gen6 Outback when Subaru has not systemically addressed many major issues, some mentioned in this thread. I would recommend spending an hour browsing Outback forums - with a hefty spoonful of salt - to get a sense of what you might be in for.

And it’s a lease — so if OP doesn’t love it, they can ride out 3 years. I suspect if I had leased mine and not bought it, I would have ridden the last 2 years out. But I have zero regrets about dumping mine for the V60.

1 Like

The Lexus RX is a great deal rn at 9% off on gas trims or 4k off before a $7500 rebate on the PHEV

Have a V90 now, and it overlapped with the Outback. Never would chose the Outback when compared to the Volvos.

I’m sure it’s not bad but that 2.5 is rough. For someone whondoesnt care about cars at all and wants a smaller wagon like suv they’re adequate. If you have any interest in driving, quality interiors, or performance best to look elsewhere.

Can you maybe wait on mazda cx70?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.