Deal Check: Should I sign this deal? Volvo V60 CC

Hi all, I’d appreciate if you could help evaluate the deal I’m negotiating at the moment. Thank you for your help!

2020 V60 CC - New vehicle (Edit: It’s a demo with 6k miles…)
MSRP $48,200
Cap cost: $38,500 (~20% off MSRP) before Costco member rebate of $2,000

7,500 miles for 36 months
$0 down; $1,000 upfront fees including the first month payment
$340 per month after tax
Money factor 0.00029
Costco member rebate of $2,000 applied
Not eligible for FR/Loyalty. No conquest incentives.

My first offer was $300 per month with $0 down after taxes. This is what they came back with. I’d like to keep it down below $300, but probably not possible. They advertised it for $250 but I’m not eligible for those two incentives… I do think I can go a bit more aggressive to meet in the middle, say $320 per month and ask them to pay two remaining lease payments on my current lease, $370 per month. Then, I’d take this deal.

Any suggestions where I can squeeze a bit more? Should I wait for a few more weeks towards the end of the month? Do you expect them to walk away from the deal at this point? Am I being cheap enough? :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Where are you located? Incentives and deals vary by region.

1 Like

Chicago, IL. Thanks!

Usually dealer advertisements include any and all rebates. Sometimes they are not even stackable. Check Volvo’s website to see if there is any rebate on the V60 CC. From what I see there is $3,500 Bonus Dealer Cash on the 2020 right now.

That sounds very strong assuming the taxes are as horrible as I think they are

Depends where. In Cook, I think, they can be 18.5%, at other places lower. But, I agree, I’d love the same deal

Thank you. I’ll double check!

Yes, it’s bad… I think it’s 9.5% sales tax plus 8% vehicle use tax in City of Chicago… Thanks for your thought!

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

Yes, tax is very bad here… Thanks for your thought. I’ll see if I can squeeze a bit more :slight_smile:

If you can do, but with your taxes, this is solid. Mike sells a ton of Volvo’s, and if he signs off, it’s solid.

Hi all, I’m negotiating another deal on a demo vehicle with 2.5K miles on it. Their numbers don’t make sense to me. Could you kindly share your thoughts?

• Model: 2020 Volvo V60
  • Demo loaner with 2.5K miles
  • MSRP: $44,560
  • Selling price: $34,988
  • Residual value: 55%
  • Money factor: 0.00092
  • Rebate: $2,000 for Costco member
  • Lease term: 36 months 7.5K miles
  • Zip code: 60607 (Tax is like ~18.5% for those in City of Chicago, Cook County, IL)

I’m also attaching their offer sheet for your reference. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you be more specific with what doesn’t make sense?

The V60 and V60CC are two diff cars w diff programs

The CC will lease much stronger

1 Like

Thank you for the context. I wasn’t aware. Just to clarify, when you say ‘stronger,’ are you saying CC is more popular?

I don’t understand on the right hand side of the sheet why they’re adding the rebate of $2,000 and then taking it out. It seems like an artificial calculation with net $0 impact on the final payment unless I’m missing something. Either way, two offers I have are…

• V60 CC (MSRP 48K with 6k miles): $1K cash due at signing and $342 per month
  • V60 (MSRP 44K with 2.5k miles): $3.7K cash due at signing and $320 per month

I prefer V60 CC and it seems like it’s a better deal considering all-in costs (unless I can negotiate V60 further clarifying where the $2,000 rebate is applied in the payment calculation).

Thank you.

the $2k rebate is being applied as a cap cost reduction up front. Basically, what they’re saying is there is $5756.32 due at sale; $2000 covered by the rebate and $3756.32 in cash. It’s done this way because of how rebates vs incentives are taxed.

1 Like