Deal Check: Please help me rate this Ioniq 5 offer

It’s not clear glass when you get the car, that was my point, so there’s really no need to pay even $1 to add another layer. :slight_smile:

Maybe my eyes are bioniq, but I also don’t care what kind of headlights a car has.

And the only pair of sunglasses I’ve ever owned were a pair of Oakleys I found in a Burger King restroom.

You kids and your sensitive eyes. :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve put clear (technically 80%, but you wouldn’t know the difference between it and clear unless you were measuring) tint on several vehicles specifically for the IR blocking.

To keep the car cooler?

Yah. The IR loading from the sun can be rough. A good ceramic tint on the windshield can make a huge difference in hot climates.

That’s never crawled high enough on my list of problems to solve either. Maybe I’ll finally remove the aftermarket tint on the black on black car, and report back. :sun_with_face:

Or maybe the roads are dead straight and flat :man_shrugging:t4:

I just leased the same car this past weekend for 24 months with $2K down and 10K mi/yr. No dealer Add-ons. My effective monthly payment is $520. I went through a broker. My tax rate is 9.5%. Tier-1 Credit. Unlike other hackrs here, I don’t plan on keeping my lease cars and I look for lowest total cost to me.
You can use it as a guideline. But remember that no one’s situation is the same.

2 Likes

June 1st will be new programs, who knows what a good payment will be moving forward

Wow I didnt know about that. Things will really get competitive at that point.

awesome price. what was the discount off of MSRP?

… and since typing my original message, Tesla just dropped inventory Model 3 car prices by another $1,250… and that put me over the edge… placed an order on a Midnight silver blue Model 3. Now to decide if lease or buy, get tax credits, then sell it to my business, deduct even more. lol.

• Overall inventory is improving
  • Credit is drying up
  • Interest rates are increasing
  • Tesla Model 3/Y is killing many other EVs in the class due to price drop
  • Lost $7.5K of the federal rebate

One thing to point out, seems like Hyundai/KIA is having an issue on the drivetrain. Rear cooler for the motor stops working and car goes into limp mode…

https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/2023-ioniq-5-sel-rwd-experiencing-power-limited-turtle-when-driven-for-55-miles-at-75-mph.45194/unread

Folks with Ioniq 5, 6 and Genesis are reporting similar issues.

1 Like

I hope you’re right, I need a new car sometime this summer / fall. But I’ve seen so many claims that things are ‘improving / going to get better soon’ over the last couple years that I have a hard time getting on board with that logic.

Well… prices on EVs are dropping. Tesla just dropped inventory car prices. more aggressive Hyundai deals. Ford just dropped Mach E prices again…

1 Like

Since we need a new car I’ve driven by some dealerships locally. Lots filling up but only of specific vehicles. Nissan is packed to the hilt with ariyas it cannot sell and a local hyundai dealership has 60+ ioniq on their website and in person I certainly saw dozens sitting there on the lot.

I see little in the way of talk here about them or lease deals. I wonder if any can be had…?

I can order a Model 3 right now for July delivery with an MSRP of about $42k and it qualifies for $7500. The ioniq 5 here are ALL AWD with a $53k MSRP, only qualify for the credit if you go with their awful lease rates. Hyundai and nissan are going to have to get serious about selling these cars. People don’t want to spend $50k on them with gas prices down well south of $4/gallon again.

1 Like

This is why people lease them and then immediately buy out the lease.

1 Like

Brief off topic… In addition to IR blocking, I’m pretty sure the side windows on my Mercedes (even w/o aftermarket tint) had better UV blocking than do the windows on my VW. So not all factory windows are created equal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.