Deal check on Nissan Ariya Venture+ vs Financing a Mazda CX-5

Hey leasehackrs, I posted this on Reddit (r/whatcarshouldIbuy) but people seemed to laugh at my question - maybe it’s too dumb of a question? Wondering if anyone here could help me with a deal check on if this is a good lease deal, and how it compares vs going for financing on the CX-5? Thanks for all your help so far btw, it has been very educational learning on the forum for a newbie like myself!

Currently looking at leasing a Nissan Ariya for which I feel like I found a pretty good deal vs financing a Mazda CX-5.

Nissan Ariya

• $223/mo with $6k down (effectively $389/mo) for Venture+ trim. Dealer would not allow me to roll the 6k down into the monthly payments
  • 3 year / 10k miles
  • Total cost of lease: $14000 over 3 years
  • Maybe $3-4k savings in cost of gas
  • Can get access to carpool lane
  • Quote: https://imgur.com/a/vJjhoDj

Mazda CX-5

• $517/mo when financed at 0% APR for 60 months and MSRP of ~31k?
  • Total cost over 3 years: assuming ~34.5k total purchase price and being able to sell it for $25k or something after 3 years, maybe $9000? But of course we could keep the car for longer too, and also pay off the loan early if we need to change cars

Really curious to hear what your guys thoughts or opinions on these two options would be! I have been really struggling over the last few days trying to figure out what would be better. Thank you so much!

This is the crux of your decision. If you keep it 4-6 years you’ll come out way ahead of two Ariya or similar leases.