Deal Check on BMW X5 x40i

Looking for a sanity check on the 2020 X5 x40i quote that I received.

Checking with the kind moderators at Edmunds, I found that the MF and RV are .00099 and 54%, respectively. (Michigan)

The dealership offered the following:

.00139 MF / 54% RV
No Incentives

MSRP: 73,150 (Performance Edition with 22" wheels)
“Value Price discount” $1500
Sale price: 71,650
Monthly Payment: 1138 (Calculator is within $1 of what the dealer quoted)
No MSDs

I’ve been lurking on these forums for quite some time, and am looking forward to the comments on this deal. The dealer mentioned that they only had 2 left on the lot and were not sure when they would be getting more. I’ll reserve further comment.

You can DEFINITELY get a MUCH better deal from some of the brokers of this website. No doubt.

$1075/mo + tax for a $73K MSRP BMW, with 36/12 seems very, very high to me. Unless your credit score is something like 650, which I doubt.

Check with @Bacons_C.C or @nextlevelautobrokers Both are reputable and professional brokers who can likely find and ship you the car you want at much less than the prcing you have been given.

2 Likes

oh yikes!
I’m not sure about the midwest market, but there is $500 lease cash and $500 conquest/$1000 loyalty cash here in the NY/NJ/CT market

They are essentially selling you the car over MSRP based on the mark up in MF (tier 1 assuming).

2 Likes

There isn’t $500 lease cash in the Midwest, but they certainly are wanting to pay for the Christmas party with this deal for sure.

2 Likes

Are you comfortable paying $1,100+ monthly on a 73k MSRP vehicle?
Do you happen to have bad credit?

I am not willing to pay anything close to this payment, in fact. Tier 1 credit, yes. Didn’t get far enough to even run the credit. I am also looking at other mid-sized SUVs and am exploring my options. This deal didn’t come close to anything that I’ve seen on this forum and others. Kind of sets the tone for future dealings, in my opinion. I am thinking that the dealer was using the scarcity tactic to try and keep this vehicle at (and effectively above) MSRP. I’ve reached out to a broker who is relatively busy at the moment. I figured that I would give it a shot in the meantime. This essentially illustrates why I am a fan of what brokers on this site are able to accomplish.

I’m sure you will receive a reply within 24-48hrs. Kick back and wait - after all you’ll be paying a brokers fee for a reason.