Deal check on a 2024 Honda Pilot AWD Touring - $537/month

Looking for feedback on this deal. 2024 Honda Pilot AWD Touring. Calculator is attached.

MSRP: $50,850
Price: $46,436
Rebate: $1000
Due: $3,000
36 months, 12K miles per year
Residual: 64% or $32,036
MF: .00205
Upfront Taxes: $1,689
Payment: $537/month

Assuming the 50k is the actual msrp and not market adjusted bs price, the selling price of 46xxx is a pretty good 8-9% discount. Verify the residual and the mf are accurate- the dealer can raise the mf for added profit. Is the 3k down including the 1689 in tax? Just keep in mind this isn’t a $537 month lease; it is an effective about 605-610 per month lease on a 50k car. Unfortunately this is the market for these types of cars. Do you have to have a Touring? Is there a lot of features between the EXL and Touring that would justify a higher price? Not sure of the exact details and specs of the Pilot.

1 Like

Honda financial does not allow MF markup on their subvented leases

1 Like

That looks like a great deal. Here’s a quote I got yesterday for a 2024 Honda Pilot Touring in CT. it’s ridiculous. Every dealer I’ve contacted for one of these has a selling price north of $50K and are looking for over $650 month payment. I’m looking for a 36m lease / 12K miles per year, $4000 down and a payment of no more than $570 per month

2024-04-16 13_31_53-quote.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (32-bit)

What state are you in? (b/c of the taxes)

I’m in Ohio. 8%. All dealers here in NE OH are at the same price.

Ah.

Then did the OP complete the calculator correctly? Post is tagged as OH, but it doesn’t seem like OP’s upfront tax is 8%…

Autocompanion in Marketplace is advertising $4500 discounts on the Pilot Touring. Why not give them a call?

OH taxes are 8% of total lease payment, not cap cost.

Shop it around the state. I was able to get kings performance Honda in Cincinnati to do some decent deals

Found this video yesterday on YouTube:

Manchester Honda’s “Plain and Simple” price online for the last 24 Pilot they have in stock. It’s been many years since I’ve lived in CT, but they were never the cheapest back then, but things could have chainged. Also check what Balise Honda’s (Springfield) is. I remember they were often more competitive than the CT dealerships.

Thanks the Honda dealership in Branford quoted me $750 a month on a 2025 Touring. ( not what I asked for lol) I know there are a lot of 2024 Tourings out there sitting on lots while 25’s are getting delivered and inventory needs to be moved.

My email reply:

That is well above my target price and monthly lease payment.

We’d like to be closer to $500 a month and am in the market for a 2024 model year.

2024 Honda Pilot Touring

Pearl White w/ Gray Interior

36 months

12K miles per year

$51,000 MSRP w/ a target 8% discount = $46,920 selling price

Incentives: loyalty discount of $750 and $1000 lease cap cost reduction

$1000 cash down (no trade in)

65% residual

Target money factor of 0.00205 (still high in my opinion)

$3900 due at signing

Fees:

• Govt fee $500

• Acquisition Fee $595

• Dealer Fee $999

• Tax on dealer/acquisition fee $101.22

• Tax on down payment $ 95.25

Monthly payment of approx. $500 incl tax/fees.

We currently own a 2015 Pilot, this would be the 5th Honda we’ve owned.

We are not in a rush to purchase, but do plan on purchasing within the next month or two.

We have already taken one on a test drive.

Here’s a new quote from dealer

in VT. for a 2024 Pilot Touring

$999 doc fee. Sweet Jeebus. Is that an Ohio thing? In my area 200-300 is the going rate.

@RW3 For what it’s worth I’ve been watching inventory the last couple of weeks (Chicagoland area) and ‘24s have be dwindling pretty steadily in our area. I pulled the trigger on one this past Friday (partly because I wanted to make sure I could get the color I wanted).

Not sure what your area looks like but I wasn’t sure I could have gotten the same deal, regardless of the color, a month from now.

Received an updated lease quote from dealer. It seems like a good deal and last 2024 on the lot (they have 2025’s in now) What do you think?

Here is your quote for the 2024 Pilot. This one has an accessory package installed at the factory. The Function Packages includes a cargo cover, cargo net, first aid kit, door sill film, and the rear bumper applique. I discounted the car more than Edmunds to offset some of the fees that are charged with this Pilot in particular.

$3500 due at signing, and $599 per month. Sales tax, registration, and fees included!

2024-04-29 12_23_00-quote.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (32-bit)

You aren’t getting much discount for what is essentially a one model year old car at this point.

Then you are paying north of $26,000 to drive the car for 3 years and turn it in.

It is probably a much better idea to buy this car vs lease.