Deal check on 2023 Volvo S60 Recharge Ultimate

Currently, there aren’t any used on the market with the spec I’m looking for. I am guessing that later in the year more '22 will come to market used. I’m just anxious and don’t want to wait. But I am willing to wait for a fair deal. This lease looks like it is a horrible deal for me and super great for Volvo. I just want a fair deal, not an excellent deal, just something that works for me and the dealer and Volvo, equally.

Will lease much better than an S60 recharge

2 Likes

Good to know. And I have schedule a call with @Benedetto

1 Like

Have you checked out the EQS or IX or etron?

I will look into the EQS

Yeah I’m late to the game here, sorry.
I BOUGHT an S60 Recharge Plus on the last days of December 2022. I was going to lease but in 2022 they didn’t pass on any of the $7500 tax credit at all and I was looking at similar deals to what you posted. Maybe a slight bit better because I already had a Volvo and the lease was coming up.
They dropped the MSRP from $58,915 (has options beyond the base $53,950) down to roughly $54k. Tax and such brought back up to almost 58k and I financed with my local credit union for 4.75%.

The gas mileage is great if you take short trips. I rarely ever put gas in it. However, keep in mind that it’s not really much better than a gas Volvo if you take trips longer than 45 miles or so. I took a 600 mile round trip a couple of weeks ago and mileage was on par with my old 2020 S60 T5.

Now, the real reason you get this car is the acceleration. Holy crap it’s fast. 455 HP, 4.3 second 0-60. You really gotta spend a ton of money to get this performance in a gas powered vehicle. And to get an all-electric that does this, you’re around the same price if not more with half the range and none of the convenience of gas.

Overall, I’m very happy with my purchase. Hope this helps anyone considering one.

1 Like

@Alex2064 Believe me, I have been hunting high and low to find a good deal on an S60 Polestar. I’ve just been really challenged in trying to find one where a dealer is going to provide a good discount. The leas deals are a bunch of baloney because the money factor is so high that even with a $7500 “EV tax credit rebate”, the lease still does not make any sense.

Glad to know that you got a good deal! Just curious, where did you buy your S60 from? Maybe they have something in inventory that might be of interest to me that would that they would negotiate on.

Thanks again for the review. Glad you love your S60. I hope to be a proud owner very soon. I will report back if I am successful.

I’m in South FL and we have a few dealerships within an hour drive from me.

–Gunther Volvo in Coconut Creek is where I bought mine and I just checked today and looks like they only have 1 S60 recharge in stock now. Mine is platinum gray with dark interior.
-Bomnin Volvo in South Miami had several in stock when I was looking and matched the price I got for mine on a denim blue one. But it had the light colored interior and I just couldn’t pull the trigger on a purchase for a car with a light colored interior.
-Weston Volvo/Nissan had a couple but they wouldn’t budge on the price. I’ve tried to buy 2 Nissans from them and 2 Volvos over the years and they just won’t negotiate.
-North Miami Volvo might have had 1 in stock when I was looking. This was where I leased my 2020 Volvo from. They wanted to get me to order one but I wanted one before the end of 2022 because of tax credit.
-Gunther Volvo Delray Beach - They had a couple as well.

I gave you the pros about the car in the last post. Here’s the cons:
I’d say the one thing I hate most about this one is the lack of space in the front passenger area. No place to really put your phone, sunglasses etc. The center armrest storage was huge in the 2020 S60 but is eaten up by batteries in the recharge version so your only storage is the glove box. Also although the entertainment center is much improved from the old one, it could still use some refinements. Until a recent Over The Air (OTA) update for it, remote starting worked maybe half the time. Since the update it’s been flawless. So there’s hope that they’ll slowly improve the few minor things that annoy me.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Why not just buy/finance it if you are eligible for the tax credit and then sell it later on if you want? If not eligible then lease to get the credit and buy out the lease.

Sure you take on some risk for residual/selling price but TCO would be much lower then leasing with poor terms.

@Toado I have gotten lease quotes with the tax rebate of $7500 from Volvo dealers. I have gotten back4 or 5 from dealerships. Basically, the lease ends up more out of pocket with the $7500 rebate included than it is to buy the car outright at MSRP. The S60 Polestar does not qualify for the $7,500 EV Tax Credit from Federal Govt because the car is over the $55,000 limit.

@Alex2064 Thanks again for the detail. It is really, really helpful. Hopefully I land one soon at a number that works for me.

So lease it and then buy out the lease.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.