Deal Check on 2020 Honda Civic SI

Hello everyone a friend of mine tried to lease a 2020 Honda Civic si in Tampa FL. Car msrp is 26,115 we initially agreed over the phone with the sales manager on a 245 a month 500 DAS 36/12k miles a year bec of an official paper proof of that deal that someone previously got before. We get to the dealership next morning to sign off the sales guy said numbers are good and we’re good to go.
However the sales manager says deal is no good. He says our deal that we showed proof of says this deal was done in April and we cannot match the deal. Long story short. The sales manager said best I can do is 365 a month 36/12k miles a year no money down or DAS or 270 a month for 3k DAS. I just need help in figuring out what the best numbers are for this car. My friend is trying to get this car for no more than 250 a month and willing to put money down but not much. If anyone can help or guide us to the best deal we can possible get that would be great. Also open to any opinions. Thanks.

Why did you think that a deal that was closed in April would be valid 5 months later? Inventory on Civic Si has dropped dramatically to the point that, at least in my area, dealers cannot keep them in stock so there is little to no discounting. Further, the lease rates back at that time were different - the MF on Civic this month is .00215 which is 3-4x higher than it was in April.

The dealer should not have told you to come in without being able to do it (sleazy move) but your numbers were patently unreasonable IMO.

If that is your budget, then you need to look for a different vehicle.

1 Like

To tell you the truth we didn’t know about the MF and we thought we can match the same deal Bec other people have gone through it and actually got the same car this month with that April deal. Thanks for clarifying that. What do you think are good numbers for this car ? Dealer was willing to let go of the car for 250 a month 2500 DAS. But at the end of the day it was my friends decision. I’m just trying to help.

You’d need to provide a breakdown of sale price, incentives, fees.

Alternatively if you’re in FL you may want to reach out to @mani_is_kool.

2 Likes

Hah $365 for a honda. Too hilarious

Dealers want you in the dealership, of course he was going to yes you and say we can replicate the deal…he knew he couldn’t match it but just said sure come on in and then the switcharooooo

1 Like

The Si program has been dropped off the regular civic programs so has std money factor which for Honda is 0.00215. With its removal, there is also no dealer cash. Residuals from 6 months ago are not gonna be the same. Therefore, no way to replicate a deal from April of this year.
Nothing hillarious about a $365 honda, it all depends on programs and inventory levels. Trying to match a deal from 6 months ago is pretty much the same as boasting about a cheap deal done more than a year ago.

2 Likes

It is pretty tough to get any kind of deal on an Si right now. As mentioned previously the inventory is limited AND there will be no 2021 Civic Si’s…the sedan returns in 2022.

1 Like

Totally understandable! We got in the end a deal for 250/month 2500 DAS 36 months 12 k miles per year do you think that’s a fair deal?

thanks for clarifying that!

You’re paying market value for the vehicle. Most people here seek vehicles specifically when the market is in their favor versus the dealership. Enjoy the vehicle!

Yes it is a fair deal. Based on todays programs right now.