Deal check on 2019 BMW X7 xdrive401 Demo

You need to clarify mileage and RV with the dealer. These numbers don’t make a lot of sense – if it’s clocked <5k miles then none of these calculator links or rebates matter since you’ll only need to concern yourself with dealer discount and MF.

If under 5k, 20% discount is solid and you just need to negotiate the MF, throw down some MSDs, apply rebates and lock in.
If over 5k, you need a more substantial discount to make up for lack of rebates and the tanked RV.

1 Like

What did edmunds say rv/mf/incentives on new should be?

1 Like

Looking deeper but can’t find any rebates listed… RV = 57% MF= .00145 and 7% off MSRP on pricing.

Okay, there are a whole lot of things going on here.

1. The MF is 0.00118, so I don’t know where 0.00145 is coming from.

2. There NO incentives on an X7 40i. There’s $3,000 on 2019 50is, and $1,000 on 2020 50is and M50is.

3. Unless the dealer got an exception, the residual is the residual minus 9%, meaning the residual is 47%. The higher the MSRP, the worse that hit is.

We have a loaner at $81,995 and another 2019 loaner that isn’t listed, plus a more expensive new 50i. We can see how much more we can push discount-wise on the ones we have if you’re interested in working with us.

I thought BMWFS had a cap of 5K miles for a lease on a Demo? Has that changed?

BMW doesn’t “cap” at 5k. They stop supporting vehicles after they hit 5k, and reduce the residual by 7% in addition to the mileage penalty. IIRC it drops even further at 7,500 (9%) and then is dollar-based at 10k. But typically once a car hits 5k, it’s not even worth looking at.

2 Likes

They’ll still lease them to you, but it’ll cost you a lot more

1 Like

Go find one with 634 less miles on it. They don’t disclose the $2000 rebate on their website, they owe you another $2k discount!

I’d look at this one, it shows 4600 miles, that’s where the deal is, discount says $12k, I’d push for the lease cash on top of that, they aren’t disclosing any of that as customer cash etc.

Again, no lease cash on the 40i. There is a finance rebate, but that’s it, aside from loyalty.

I don’t want OP to expect there to be lease cash/try to push for something that doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Thats the one he is looking at

Negative. 2 different vins. The linked one above also has under the 5k miles so the residual isn’t marked down. This would probably be the better car to lease over the original.