Deal Check: Mercedes GLB250

See that lease cost part of the statement?

I do, which is why I included it. But I also see the irrelevant part of your statement about MSRP (an irrelevance that you yourself made an oblique reference to). Had you said, “For the same monthly payment as you’ve been offered for the GLB, there are many other cars you may wish to consider that may be better fit for you” (and had @max_g said that the same thing), I wouldn’t have made a comment b/c I agree w/ that.

But @max_g made an irrelevant judgment call on a car being “mildly optioned,” and I don’t really understand why you jumped into the conversation to defend his statement. ::shrug::

The context of using the MSRP here was to describe the level of equipment included.

“A $48k GLB has x, y, and z on it”

That’s why we were comparing lease prices and equipment values. A $48k GLB will have less options than a $60k xc60, even though the xc60 will be cheaper to lease.

You’ll get no argument from me that the XC60 will be cheaper to lease and is better value for the $, but are there actually many more options available for the XC60 that you can’t get a GLB (and the this is a question for you and @max_g, which may or may not be useful for the OP)?

I’m admittedly much more familiar w/ MB options and pricing structure and there are so many XC60 trim levels to wade through (which makes it hard to know where to start as a comparison), but I’m looking at both configurators now, and, just in my quick skimming, the potential options for both seem pretty similar to me, actually (I’m using an Inscription T5 AWD).

Again, not arguing that the XC60 is better value for the money and more sophisticated/stylish/desirable/etc. (which may or may not be important for the OP), but, at least in terms of potential features (which is not just an issue of semantics), I am actually not seeing a huge difference.

Better sound system, air ride, phev, significantly more power, etc

Maybe a loaded Subaru Outback or Forester? Those are pretty boxy and have good visibility.

Volvo V60 Cross Country is my current fave.

Mazda CX-5 and Volkswagen Tiguan are not luxury brands but they have nice interiors when optioned up.

1 Like

I wanted to give an update on my quest to get a GLB. The local dealer wouldn’t negotiate any further, so I know that I did the right thing and I walked away.

I continued to read through the posts here & reached out to a broker from the marketplace, @AutoCompanion. He was able to find me a GLB AWD 4matic with more features.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Mercedes GLB250 AWD
MSRP: $48,300 (+ $1110 PPM)
Sell Price: $41,211
Monthly Payment: $465
Drive-Off Amount: $6036 (with 10 MSDs= $5500)
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12,000
MF: 0.00119 (0.00049 with 10 MSDs)
Residual: 60%
Region: Northeast (VA/DC)

So, he found me a better car at a better price-- I’m thrilled with my new car!!

(upload://8ChNuExUfcXVGCk5QzUTZyuP0Qr.jpeg)

4 Likes

Please feel free to close this thread- I’m a happy, new, leasing girl.

Thanks, guys, at Leasehackr - you were all very nice to this newbie and helped me to find what I wanted. :kissing_heart:

1 Like