Deal Check: Mercedes C300 4MATIC 2020 Sedan Loaner

Hello! I’m based in Long Island, New York. Have been working with a Mercedes dealer on a C300 4MATIC 2020 loaner lease. Is the below a good deal? I’m going to try to negotiate down MF because according to Edmunds it’s inflated (Edmunds says it should be .00049). Will also try MSDs. Are maintenance plans worth it? It’s an extra $17/month and I’m going to see if they can waive it. Also, I’ve checked on the sales price 3 times between yesterday and today and it keeps going down…should I wait this out? The vehicle is white so I know those go fast and no other dealers near me have C300s in this price range or in color I want. Worth noting they have 4 others (higher MSRP) on the lot and sold one for $243 less total sales price recently.

Total monthly payment: $436

MSRP: $45,545
Discount: $6,153 incl, $500 lease incentive
Lease price: $39,273
Residual: $26,096
Money Factor: 0.00056
Mileage: 10k miles/year
Term: 36 months

Zero down
Drive off: $3552 (includes: 8.625% NY tax, first month, $1,096 acquisition fee, $409 reg/title/doc transfer NY plates fee, $119 wheel locks fee - wtf!, $1513.24 upfront sales tax)

Thank you!

@AutoCompanion

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t pay an effective $530/m for a moderately equipped C300

1 Like

Mercedes in general never leases as well as BMW.

1 Like

You’re going to have to travel to CT, NJ or mainland NY. Never seen a good deal out of LI in all my years on this forum.

2 Likes

Thank you! I already have a better offer in a bmw 2 series Gran coup but I like Mercedes better.

Dealer came back with $435/month, $3360 drive off after adjusting the price to be what I saw on their website and removing plate transfer fee. Didn’t budge on MF, no MSDs in New York, and said there’s no wiggle room on adjustment to residual. This still feels high, especially drive off fee. BTW he showed me the factory invoice which allegedly is $43,612. Thinking next step is to get best offers for A Class 2021 and/or send him exactly what I’m willing to pay for C Class loaner and if he’ll do it he has a deal by EOD today. Any thoughts?

Still $516/mo for a C class, meh. Why don’t you shop elsewhere for a better deal as suggested? Tell them what you are willing to pay, don’t get offers on some other car, do you even know what you want. How many dealers have you talked to outside of LI?

Thank you! I’m now looking in surrounding states and have already compared to what other Long Island dealers are offering for a C Class loaner if that’s what you mean but if you mean a different automaker, I’m pretty set on Mercedes. I know that I want either a C Class loaner 2020 or A class 2021. Have compared to models at Audi (A3, A4) and BMW (2 series Gran Coup, 3 Series).

Reach out to @AutoCompanion He has several C300 loaners at 21% off if you don’t mind going to DC area for pick up

1 Like