Deal Check: Mazda CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus

Dealer in Indiana

MF seems high despite top credit. Expect the dealer is padding MF to offset MSRP discount.

Residual (70%) is lower than the residual of a Sept reported signed deal (76%) which had the same duration/miles (24 months, 10k/yr). Can the dealer adjust beyond what Mazda financial sets?

We can put more money down to lower interest, however, dealer said Mazda doesn’t allow MSD’s and not a fan of risking a big downpayment as I understand that’s lost if the car is totaled prior to lease end.

Comments?

Calc

MSRP: $58,920
Tax Rate: 7.0%
Selling Price: $57,425 (2.54% discount)
Incentives: $7,500 LEASE CUSTOMER CASH
Down Payment: $0
Trade-In Equity: $0
Months: 24
Miles/Year 10,000
Residual: $41,244 (70%)
Money Factor: 0.00379 (Signed indicates it should be 0.00319)
Multiple Security Deposit (MSD): $0
Acquisition Fee: $650
Dealer Fees (Doc Fee): $199
Government Fees (License & Registration): $30 + $1.25
Disposition Fee: $350

the monthly seems high. I also belive the premium has a better RV which would help lower payments

Did not go with the initial dealer (Money Factor markup, wouldn’t allow MSD’s, etc) and found another - although it required going cross-boarder and we have to register the tags in the state of residence.

Updated Calculator

Updated numbers:

MSRP: $58,920 (same, although those invoiced to the dealer in Oct are $500 more)
Tax Rate: 7.0%
Selling Price: $56,925 (extra $500 reduction)
Incentives: $7,500 LEASE CUSTOMER CASH (same)
Down Payment: $0
Trade-In Equity: $0
Months: 24
Miles/Year 12,000 (12k and 10k miles a year have same residual)
Residual: $41,244 (70%)
Money Factor: 0.00319 (Mazda Financial MF - no dealer markup)
Multiple Security Deposit (MSD): $4,500 (9x $500, initial dealership refused)
Acquisition Fee: $650
Dealer Fees (Doc Fee): $250 ($51 higher)
Government Fees (License & Registration): $30 (Temp tags so have to register independently)
Disposition Fee: $350

Lessons Learned:
*Not all Mazda dealers honor S-Plan pricing (S-Plan = Dealer invoice)
*It’s not easy, but it is possible to do a little better than dealer invoice w/ or w/o S-Plan
*Many dealers mark up Money Factor to offset reductions in selling price
*Options bloat (etching, paint protection, etc) is sometimes negotiable, especially if they have not taken delivery yet.
*Mazda MSD’s are $500 each regardless of the monthly lease amount.
*In October Mazda increased the MSRP on PHEV’s - different amounts depending on the trim.
*If the sales person isn’t helpful with lease structure (e.g. MSD’s), ask to have the finance department call you.
*Some dealers are hesitant to put estimates in writing - I expect they don’t want them shopped - so be tactful when asking about estimates/offers in writing, and of course, what you share.
*Before you go to the dealer to finalize the lease and pick up the car, insist to have a copy all the paperwork - otherwise be prepared to spend hours at the dealer while they prepare your lease agreement. Don’t believe that the paperwork/lease agreement is prepared prior until you see it.

1 Like

What dealer is it ? i am in market ?

I can ask the dealer if they want me to share their info if interested

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.