Deal Check - Mazda CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus $0 down $796/Mo

I feel like this is as close a good of deal I can get on one of these vehicle/trim in Colorado. Been watching prices the last 5 months and doesn’t appear will score any crazy good lease deals on these. But factoring in the $5,000 CO state credit and MPGe I keep being drawn back to this CX-90 for a 3 row SUV plug-in.

Curious for other opinions and what the best deal out there they have seen on the Premium Plus trim has been. Feels like ~$800/mo is best I can do as it relates to the Premium Plus across most terms (24/33/36) with no money down. I am going to explore an immediate lease buyout so will run those numbers and figure out what makes most sense in terms of the lease term if I don’t want to do a buyout.

Here is the LH calculator. All that is DAS is first month payment.

What’s the pre-rebate discount you’re seeing on the east and west coast in the Marketplace ?

Can’t necessarily replicate but maybe get closer

Are you using MSD?

Where is that being factored in?

There is no $500 government fee here in Colorado. You can also do MSDs to lower your monthly by about $70-80

1 Like

Where is that being factored in?

Sorry not factored into the lease calculator at all, just in me trying to justify the lease payment, I would get a $5000 credit from the state tax refund versus going with a gas model.

I’m striking out on the MSDs with nearly every Mazda dealer so that’s frustrating.

Also a one pay lease came back at $17.7k which is higher than I thought it would be.

Thanks for info on the government fee being excluded in Colorado. Feels like payment should be $20/mo lower then.

$800/mo seems like a lot of money to drive/rent a <$60k Mazda to me.

1 Like

The cap cost is like ~$50k, I think if he bought it out soon on a 5-year horizon that would be way better than spending $26k every 33 months

Agreed, what makes probably most sense is to buy out the lease asap and finance the payoff at a lower rate if the Mazda dealers aren’t playing ball on MSDs. I tried to lease a CX-90 PHEV couple of months ago and the dealer was totally lost on MSDs since they recently swtiched to Toyota Finance as their captive and their previous one, Chase, did not offer MSDs.

1 Like

zaimer
$800/mo seems like a lot of money to drive/rent a <$60k Mazda to me.

I’ve seen this sentiment a lot on here and while I tend to agree, I’m not seeing any better recommendations. Volvo CX-90 and Lincoln Aviator plug-in hybrids are much more expensive. I guess I keep falling into wanting a plug-in hybrid for the gas savings and getting the $5,000 CO state tax credit, but if there are truly better deals on 3 row SUV in mid-luxury and up class, I am all ears.,.

Thanks, this is what I would like to do but I guess I’ll need to see a contract to make sure I don’t have to pay the rent charges for the following 31-32 months (on 33 mo lease). Or should I be looking to do a 24 month lease if wanting to do a lease buyout?

Thanks for sharing this info. Helpful to know.

I will keep people posted as I know many are looking at this car. I’m just set on the Premium Plus or nothing as it relates to this car.

I’m more or less in the same boat. We are in Colorado and looking for a family suv (doesn’t have to be a three row). We also thought we wanted a phev. But to be totally honest the cost of leasing just isn’t making any sense to us we don’t drive enough to make up the delta from a gas to a phev. Additionally we are struggling to find any lease that really makes sense as the vehicles in this segment just don’t seem to leave well (and w are over Hyundais and Kias after having our Hyundai broken into five or six times🙄). Curious to know what you end up getting

Your payoff will not include any rent charge that has not incurred yet so if your goal is to pay off the lease, term doesn’t matter. In fact, you can tell the dealer to mark up the MF as long as they can give you additional discount off MSRP.

Have you run numbers on the XC90 Recharge? Should be possible to get under $800 with Costco and MSDs. Volvo has had MSDs for a while so you might have. better luck finding dealers who know how to do it.

Yes, I talked to Volvo and struck out with them as well … it was the same dealership family so maybe that is the problem, lol. Under $800 would be nice for that since I was quoted 1,000-1,100 a month or so ago for the XC-90 Recharge. I have to say I didn’t love the way the Volvo handled and didn’t love the dash display and not sure I can handle no wireless Apple carplay so perhaps that one is not meant to be. I liked the Aviator PHEV a lot more.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.