Deal Check - Mazda CX-90 PHEV Prem Plus

Initial offer from dealer below - any thoughts? Not much off of the MSRP is what I first notice. Any next step tips?

MSRP 58825
Selling 57999
Rebate 7500
Gov Fee 75
Proc/Doc fee 645
Residual 42534

645 monthly with 3000 DAS
598 monthly with 4000 DAS
551 monthly with 5000 DAS

24 months

Kentucky

645 x 24 = 15,840

15,840 + 75 + 645 = $16,560

$16,560 + $42,534 + $7500 = $66,684

Am I correct in saying the $66,684 is too high? Or am I doing this calculation completely wrong

Hm. I don’t believe you add the $7500 since that is an extra rebate for EVs, not necessarily subtracting from MSRP.

IfI did the right calculations, I’m getting $60294 as your final expense.

Not sure if this is 100% right.

What would you ask the dealer to come down on? 1.4% off msrp seems too low?

I am in the market for a CX-90 and would be interested to hear what the pros say about this. In my experience I have received up to 14% off MSRP on Japanese cars in the past.

Look into marketplace deals They are roughly @ 8% plus incentives!

8% off MSRP? That makes a big difference. Curren dealer is only doing 1.4%

Use the Leasehackr Calculator to construct your deal with 8% off plus current incentives and present your targeted deal to the dealer in your area and how it compares to the deals presented in marketplace.

thank you!

Look at @AutoNinjas. They have upto 10% on the PHEV.

I got the Cx-90 with the intention to immediately buy out deal is here SIGNED! DEAL | LEASEHACKR I got the buyout quote which is $54k includes sales tax which would mean I saved $6.5k by leasing and taking advantage of the rebate vs buying outright. My current dilemma is whether I should buy out or just let the lease run based on the first platform and potentially higher depreciation rate than expected. What are other folks doing? MF = 0.00379 in hindsight I could have negotiated a bit more on the lease rate but I didn’t because i fully intended to buy out so that was unnecessary. Would love to get some insights from the experts.

Deprecation starts to flatten out after the first three years. The longer you own it and the sooner you finance with a lower interest rate than your lease, the more you’ll save.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.