Deal check: Mazda CX-9 GT FWD SoCal

Hi hackrs,

I’m about to pull the trigger on CX-9 GT FWD in southern CA. Trying to make sense of these numbers that I have been provided. They say I just need to pay $1500 and drive off with the car. Monthly is $412.
I know it’s not a killer deal or anything. But it does look pretty decent to me. But I just want to make sure I’m not getting a terrible deal.

Thanks!

An effective $452mo on a $43k car not bad May 2021. GOOD LUCK!!!
For reference last month got my AWD CX-9 GT for $449/mo with $449 DAS, MSRP $45k, 36/12

2 Likes

The CX9 is really undervalued. Sure its older design but I like its style and handling way better than highlander/mdx. It’s a better value for sure. Go for it.

1 Like

Seems like a solid deal to me! 7% off MSRP, no MF mark up, and no added F&I products. Since Mazda leases now go through Toyota Financial Services, you could consider two MSDs to lower the monthly payment by a few bucks.

2 Likes

You should also check with your car insurance regarding purchasing gap coverage.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the responses. Unfortunately, it did not work out. I drove all the way to the dealership only to find out that the car had a captains seat for the second row. And we really needed the bench seats for our needs. They only had a touring FWD with the bench option. And a signature. But that was over 500/month.
I’m going to try and work them a little more for making me drive up all the way. Honestly, I did not even know captain’s seat was an option for cx9s. It did not even occur to me to ask them about that before going to the dealership. And I feel that they could have told me that upfront.

Where are you located, maybe there is a broker on here that could help you out.

San Diego… the dealer has promised to make it right and sweeten the deal as soon as they get the car I’m looking for. Luckily I’m not in a hurry. Will give them one more shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

I totally understand the need for a bench in the 2nd row instead of Captains seats. You did the right thing by not compromising.

1 Like

I am new here. I just replied to someone successfully.
Yet…How do I create my own thread?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.