Deal check: Mazda CX-5 Touring 12/24 FWD Eternal Blue

How does it affect the lease terms? RV and MF are applied to the smaller number? Any other things affected?

RV is based off the msrp.

Knowing your pre-incentive discount requires knowing the msrp

One more thing. Your deal MSRP is $23,900 and you indicate your post header is for a CX-5 Touring. I don’t think you can find a Touring at that MSRP. What am I missing?

He’s looking at two different mazdas, cx5 and cx30. The threads were combined.

Yes, that is right @mllcb42, thank you for the clarification.

@824 thank you for the advice. The link to the calculator has been provided (up), and the MF and RV are verified in Edmunds too, so they are correct. The calculator is giving 9.3 years under worksheet parameters. I believe Mazda is doing now leases through Toyota finance.

If RV is calculated over MSRP, the lower it is the better. What is the downside of having a lower MSRP?

Also, the reason for the $2,400 DAS is because the dealer insists that the finance company asks for a 10% downpayment. But I get that the downpayment is really including things which are not for the vehicle itself but are taxes and dealer fees.

If i were you i hit up
@AutoNinjas no-cal they should have good deal for you.

Since the post heading was for a CX-5 Touring my comments were made with that model/trim in mind. I am familiar with CX-5 deals, I haven’t looked at CX-30 deals.

The MSRP is what the MSRP is. There is no way to manipulate it other than to find a different vehicle with less equipment.

To minimize lease costs, you want the selling price as low as possible and the RV as high as possible, if all else is equal.

@Tuby_Yohannan this is what I did first instance. But hey didn’t answer.

If you are getting tier 1 MF you don’t need to put 10% down. Conventional wisdom says put nothing down and just cover your inception fees. If you put additional money down you run the risk (small) of losing your down payment if your new car is totaled or stolen. Your insurance will only pay off the lease balance - they won’t reimburse you for any money put down.

I suggest you tell your dealer you will cover your $9XX inception fee and you do not want to pay down your cap cost.

You just gotta wait a little cuz of how busy they are if anything message 2x lol

I’m looking at a CX 5 lease in Mass and that price seems way low. The dealer I’m looking at calls it “Starting price” I assume that’s MSRP? and its 30k for the Touring package ones. I’m looking at 279 a month, 0 down, 15k miles for 24 months. I have AVERAGE credit…ie 670. They are discounting the car to 27 or so. Is that way off?

OP has also posted CX-30 questions here. $23,900 is a CX-30 price, doesn’t apply to CX-5.

@SergioSFBA Did you go CX-5 or CX-30?