12k/24mo
$27,930 MSRP
$25,157 selling price
$-1,500 loyalty rebate
$23,657 adjusted price
MF = .00051
Res = $18,155 (65%)
$223/month with $2,400 DAS

Have you done numbers for a 36? Mazda offers TFS style MSDs, or at least MSDS now in general. If I’m wrong please correct me. I think I’m right because of this language on MFS’s website.

Edit: I’m right.

Summary on MSDs

Most lease customers pay less cash up-front and enjoy lower monthly payments than they would with a finance contract. On new Mazda and Mazda Pre-Owned vehicles, lease terms vary from 24-60 months. At the end of your lease, you’ll have the option to purchase your vehicle.

You can maximize the financial benefits even further with additional options such as Low-Mileage Lease and the Multiple Security Deposit program.

Link to Toyota

The trade name “Mazda Financial Services” and the Mazda and Mazda Financial Services logos are owned by Mazda Motor Corporation (“Mazda”) or its affiliates and are licensed to Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (“TMCC”). Retail installment and lease accounts are owned by TMCC and Toyota Lease Trust. Mazda is solely responsible for its products and services and for promotional statements about them and is not affiliated with TMCC or its affiliates.

You’re fees look really wrong, for Cali. the dealer fee looks like the calc default but Gov looks really off.

Yes, here they are

How the MSD for Mazda work? The dealer hasn’t told anything about them.

Good catch the fees. I leased from them a CX-9 and I have checked those…

Thank you

Do the 24. RV makes it more attractive. If I recall correctly they’re just copied and pasted from TFS because it is TFS doing this lease under the licensed name Mazda. The dealer isn’t their to save you money, remember that, being educated going in makes you one step ahead.

I don’t know that I have ever seen a dealer offer MSDs, and I’d expect a Mazda dealer to be even less likely to since it wasn’t an option when they used chase for their financing.

Did you verify these with the edmunds forum? What is base MF? You think about the CX9 at all, lower MF. Ask about MSDs, push it if you can, will make this cheaper if it’s possible.

You look at broker deals for baseline?

9.9% pre-incentive discount off MSRP looks great (27,930, 25157) at the buy rate MF and by definition before any lease cash. But as a point of reference Mazda is offering $720 lease cash on their 36/10k lease so are you properly showing us your pre-incentive selling price? What is your lease cash? Make sure your 9.9% discount is real - it maybe overstated.

MF doesn’t look right. While it doesn’t apply in your case the buy rate is 0.00001 for SoCal 36/10K on the CX-5 Touring FWD so - as mentioned by others - verify you are getting the buy rate. If not, your 9.9% discount is overstated.

Acquisition fee is incorrect, it should be $650 now that Mazda uses TFS.

Mazda is waiving the first payment this month - is that part of your deal?

Thank you, I’m checking all this. It is really good info and I get that the dealer is not giving me detailed information and messing things… Will get back.

Looks like for 24/12 and 36/12 the MF is the same, 0.00001 (inconsistent with dealer). RV is 65% and 55% respectively (consistent with dealer).

I checked with brokers here, but unfortunately I could not find any offers NorCal.

Ask the dealer for a lease worksheet. The worksheet includes all inputs into the monthly payment and DAS so you can verify all the moving parts in your deal. Its the most transparent document a dealer can make available to you. Never close a deal without one.

1 Like

As I suspected mark up. Try and get base and this will be awesome. Ask for a worksheet as someone said, post that when You get it, excited to see what happens.

I did earlier today. Let’s see what they come up with. I am also discussing a CX-30 since it seems to have a pretty high RV (71%) in 24mo deals. But they are also messing with the numbers. Here’s the thread

Don’t ask for people to give you the same, and therefore redundant, advice across two concurrent threads. Close one or the other.

Sorry, these were different cars, CX5 and CX30. That is the reason why I created two threads. I got the worksheet for the CX30, posted here

Thank you

Hi,
I’ve got this offer from a dealer in NorCal

12k/24mo
$25,000 MSRP
$22,416 selling price
$-1,500 loyalty rebate
$20,916 adjusted price
MF = .00097
Res = $20,364 (71%)? (here is where we have a problem, since the dealer has told me the $ value, and I know from edmunds that is 71%).
$2,400 DAS
$181/month with $2,400 DAS

Sounds like they gave you an incorrect RV. Ask for clarification.

Here we go with the worksheet. I see weird things, to begin with, the MSRP is different in the two sheets.

Thank you

The MSRP doesn’t look different on the two sheets to me. Where are you seeing an MSRP other than $23,900 listed?

Sorry, you are right. I got confused by a previous message the sales person sent me. MSRP is $25,000 and after rebate is $23,900.

That’s not how that works. MSRP is MSRP.

You’re getting the rebate applied after.