2020 Mazda 3 sedan in select trim
Msrp 24240
Cap cost 21938
Residual 54%
Money factor .0001
Tax 8.37% for Henderson NV 89074
Acquisition fee 595
Doc fee 500

Roll all taxes and fees in, 300 DAS and 300 for 35 more months. 12k miles per year

What do you think? Thanks for any advice!

About 7.5% off MSRP + $500 in dealer cash. MF is good. Discount needs work, shoot for at least 10% off before any incentives. Which would be $21,316 cap cost but I would ask for cap cost of 20,938. For it to be considered a “good” lease by standards here it would need to be under 242/mo (1% rule) Others might have better suggestions on what to shoot for on discount.

This isn’t a thing and is by no means a good metric if something is a good deal or not.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, I’ll see what I can do!

Check edmunds forums for incentives, RV & MF. will help you get an idea how much discount before incentive and after if applicable.

Doc fee of $500 is BS. Get them way down on this.

or just adjust your discount to include the higher Doc Fees.

much easier to negotiate a lower sales price instead of agreeing on a sell price and then re-starting the negotiation on the Doc Fee…my $0.02

The MF is already effectively 0.24% which is basically free. Double check with Edmunds but Mazda doesn’t typically have much trunk money except at clearance, so that sounds right. There is no backend gross in this deal.

If the dealer is at 300 DAS 300/mo and you counter at 242 (2.5% on MSRP but almost 20% on payment) consider being polite and not pushy, and be prepared for everything from “no” to being laughed at. It’s the beginning of a historically slow month and that could mean they’re hungry, but that’s a big front-end gross loser for a current model year car at the beginning of a year.

I did pretty well on both my Mazda leases (both new or redesigned the year I got them) and the dealers gave up most of the rotisserie chicken, but whether it was on front or back they at least got 1 tiny wing to pick at. Is the new Mazda3 not selling well? The monthly numbers have looked normal to me the past few months.

1 Like

Sorry if it came across as me suggesting to counter at 242. From what I have seen on few previous deals on the new style 3 top discount is around 10% before incentives but that was on higher trim models. 242 is not doable on your deal. Which is why I suggested a cap cost offer of about 700 less than what dealer presented which was 10% off msrp + dealer cash.

1 Like

Thanks for the help everyone, I was able to grind out another 10 a month and a free set of all weather floor mats :smile:

I’ve also been grinding on Toyota and think I’ll go with them, not only can I get better terms but the adaptive cruise is better.

I assume the ACC only works above 40MPH for the toyota, is that correct?
How good is it, never tried?

Not sure how much this will help, if at all, but I just read that Mazda 3 sales In 2019 were/are in the toilet. Gotta believe discounts are huge but maybe they also won’t lease well then?

Actually only tried the ACC on the freeway. It was the best out of those I tested. Smoother than civic on the lane keep. Mazda 3 lane keep waits until you cross a line then bumps it back. Shame because it’s a well designed car and overall seems more premium than the others but I decided to go with Toyota for the safety tech.

Yeah it’s like Mazda is not selling well. Dealer was a ghost town both times I visited. Shame because they’re good cars for the money.

All the cars did braking for slower cars ahead well. They don’t necessarily come back up to speed quickly but that’s ok with me, I wouldn’t either if manually driving.

Toyota also reads the signs and keeps the speed limit posted on screen a la Tesla. It’s the most Tesla like car I’ve driven.