Deal check m550i loaner

Just checking this deal on a m550i loaner. Trading in a leased Chevrolet.

M550i has roughly 11k miles
Includes 1500 cap cost

Looks like the residual is 56% on 12k. Asked them for the money factor still waiting on a response.

Salesman said it would have the full 4 years of warranty and 3 years of the ultimate care, but the miles of both would be affected, would be determined by 50k on odometer for warranty and 36k for maintenance.

Looks like they’re taking over 12k off for the loaner, seems like a good deal to me. First time bmw lease just want to double check!

Wow.

I was just about doing that deal on new base units just a few months ago.

:eyes:

I’d pass without at least another 4-5K off.

3 Likes

Try to input your data into LH calc and post link for review. Learning how calc works is key to a good deal.

Is 11k miles the norm on M550i loaners? Seems quite excessive.

It’s a little high IMHO.

Send me the vin and I can figure out when the in service date was for warranty purpose. Should give you some negotiation power. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Are they writing you a check for the $5,300 equity?

Have you valued it to see what the highest bid is on the open market?

Here’s the vin: WBA13BK08PCM13665

They would be applying the equity on the trade to the lease. I really was trying to hit a payment under 900 a month and that’s why I was ok with rolling the equity over.

Honestly the 76k trade was the value I’ve gotten for it recently, the best straight sell outright offer I got was 73k.

So it seems like the deal isn’t as good as I thought lol. I don’t know exactly what the money factor is to generate a calculation on the deal though

I appreciate that. The salesman told me the warranty wouldn’t be affected time wise, I would still have the full 4 years but mileage the warranty would still only be good until 50k. So roughly 39k miles left there.

Sent a DM.

There is no way for a warranty clock to start ticking while only counting down the miles and not the time

That makes sense to me, wonder if he is just trying to get me in the door, seems like a good dealership based on reviews but I’m not sure

1 Like

Here’s the calculator. Something’s not adding up bc their residual on the worksheet is at 56% but it can’t be accounting for the miles.

If you were interested in just the V8, a new SQ7 would be very comparable in payment.

While being an SUV….

1 Like

They ended up adjusting the sales price down another 3000 to compensate for the miles, and changed the residual to roughly 52%. Walked out putting 4k down (buying the care+1 extended to cover till 50k miles) @838 a month with taxes.

1 Like

Sounds a bit more reasonable.

Equity rolled or taken as a check?

1 Like

Equity rolled in, so a total of 9300 in equity into the lease, they charged me 2200 for the extended care +. MF was .0019. The sale price of the car ended up being 71400, Msrp was 85380.

Only thing I didn’t understand is a charge of 680ish for taxes on cap cost reduction? I’m in Indiana and they were in Ohio

You pay tax on the cap cost reduction in your home state.